The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Is the higher numbers the better films, or the lower number the better films?

Where's Ant-man, Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor 1, and Incredible Hulk?

I would place Ant-Man above all of the Avengers films - including Civil War (which should be called Avengers 3: Civil War).

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Where's and Incredible Hulk?

So you think The Incredible Hulk, one of the very worst Marvel movies ever, should be in his Top 10? I see...

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Is the higher numbers the better films, or the lower number the better films?

Where's Ant-man, Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor 1, and Incredible Hulk?

As I said in some other thread recently, I still haven't seen Ant-Man!  I plan to remedy that soon.  And the movies are ranked with 1 being my favorite.  I've noticed my preferences for these films don't always align with others, no idea why.  I really dislike the first two Iron Man movies, but I like the second Thor a lot.  I dunno, like I said, they're all pretty light movies generally for me.

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

So you think The Incredible Hulk, one of the very worst Marvel movies ever, should be in his Top 10? I see...

No, I didn't say that at all, you are putting completely incorrect words in my mouth, way to go.  

I thought he was attempting to rank every film they made, which is clearly why I asked about the 5 films not pictured in his image.  Come on now, pay attention!

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

That film is so boring. I think there's literally one interesting scene in it and I can't even recall that right now.

I literally don't remember anything about it other than Tony Stark shows up at the end.  Didn't he have a love interest (Liv Tyler?) that they don't even mention anymore, and had him randomly fall in love with Black Widow instead?

That's right!  And there was some kind of Antartica beginning where they were going to tease Cap's shield, then didn't... or something

Granted, it's been something like 13 years since I saw the movie, but I remember the acting to be uncharismatic and the back half of the movie being nearly incomprehensible.  Lee's comic-booky editorial choices were inspired, but in the end it was kind of a big fart.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Didnt the first Cap film start in Antartica?

Almost right; it started somewhere in the Arctic.

They were en-route from Germany to New York, so must have passed North.

Hey, I've gotten over 4,000 posts starting after having a baby.  In fact, when the next one is born very very soon, my post frequency might increase!  Rocking a baby to sleep or feeding is the perfect time to dick around on the internet with a phone.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:30 PM, Godzilla said:

You rank Thor 2 ahead of Avengers 1 and IM3?

IM3 is not a great movie, even within the MCU, and I would also rank Thor 2 ahead of it.

The thing that strikes me as interesting about the list is the top 5 are basically the most recent movies (with the exception of the lovable Ant-Man).  I'm also heartened to see the love for Captain America, whose solo franchise has now far exceeded Iron Man, who, outside of his first movie, has never recaptured the same level of quality.

How you people are able to remember and even differentiate between every single Marvel movie is a mystery to me. I only remember the standouts.

Like Ang Lee's HULK ... ;)

31 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

IM3 is not a great movie, even within the MCU, and I would also rank Thor 2 ahead of it.

The thing that strikes me as interesting about the list is the top 5 are basically the most recent movies (with the exception of the lovable Ant-Man).  I'm also heartened to see the love for Captain America, whose solo franchise has now far exceeded Iron Man, who, outside of his first movie, has never recaptured the same level of quality.

I think the MCU people are only getting better at what they do.

52 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I think the MCU people are only getting better at what they do.

Really? Aren't their last 5 movies just minimal variations of each other?

I think Marvel films used to have more individuality before MCU came along.

I said they're getting better at what they do. Not what you wish they did.

I enjoy the way the movies feel cut from the same cloth, while still having movies like Doctor Strange and Guardians 2 that feel very distinct IMO.  To me, the MCU has successfully replicated what the comics are like in film form. 

The only recent one I missed was Doctor Strange.  They're still keeping me entertained.  Oddly, I do not have a strong desire to see the new Guardians film either, which I keep going back and forth on whether I want to spend theater dollars on it.  I really liked the first one though.  I'm just not getting a great vibe from the reviews.

People complaining about them being homogeneous or disposable are clearly not comics readers.  Much like happens in comics, they'll keep making them like this until audience interest begins to lag and then *BANG* a "new 52" style reboot of the entire universe!

It's actually pretty unique what Marvel Studios has accomplished.  Obviously, it's not for everyone, but it's also insanely popular so people feel they have to have an opinion.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Hey, I've gotten over 4,000 posts starting after having a baby.  In fact, when the next one is born very very soon, my post frequency might increase!  Rocking a baby to sleep or feeding is the perfect time to dick around on the internet with a phone.

This is a good prediction.  Kids = more JWFan time. 

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

People complaining about them being homogeneous or disposable are clearly not comics readers. 

Exactly, they're film fans.

The only comic I delved into in recent years was Buffy Season 8, and I was frustrated by how quickly I read through it. Comics are way too much of a light snack for me. I prefer novels.

11 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Talking about postcounts, just noticed I joined the Top 3. I'm coming for you, LeBlanc!

CsfdvQi.gif

Does that mean I've been uprooted from my long held #3 spot?