The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

You seem to single out certain members and comment on their posts, while others seem to have free reigh to be assholes. (Pub, Woj, Alex, Gyver etc)

Whats the root of your bias, Jason? Why do some members get a free pass here?

I don't know what you're talking about.  It's been a long while since I've read every post made to this board, so if you have seen a poster being abusive, you should use the "Report" feature to report the post so a moderator can look at it.

You also did not answer my question at all.

Also, Karol already said he's cool with everything, so I have no idea why you're butting into a conversation that has nothing to do with you.  Bored?

Anyways, I just thought it was funny that Joe chose to reply to 6 week old idle speculation from Karol, when Karol had since already seen the film and posted that he liked the film.  What was the point of Joey responding to 6 week old speculation about it?  Struck my funny bone is all.

23 hours ago, Jay said:

Joe, please don't attack other board members by calling them pathetic.  We should try to be nice to each other here, not mean to each other, especially for no reason whatsoever, completely uncalled for out of the blue.

Jay shut up. Go back to your aspergers paradise. His imagination is pathetic. That isnt the same as calling  him pathetic but your are not able to distinguish such things.

Btw I replied to something on the same FUCKING PAGE. But by Jay's way of thinking karols post is old and not worthy of a response even if it was negative.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2018 at 10:07 PM, Stefancos said:

You seem to single out certain members and comment on their posts, while others seem to have free reigh to be assholes. (Pub, Woj, Alex, Gyver etc)

Whats the root of your bias, Jason? Why do some members get a free pass here?

Excuse me?! 😲

• 2 weeks later...

Caught Ant Man and the Wasp today, it was as entertaining as the first film and Christophe Beck's score was nice. When we're not dealing with the entangled world of the Avengers and just having fun with these separate stories and characters I find I become more invested in the Superhero shenanigans and the world without a thousand references to the other MCU films.

Shame the score's not getting a physical release, I wanted to pick up both scores but looks like it's stuck in the digital quantum realm...

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I liked the film too. And the score was nice. It's me or Becks action music sounds similar to giacchno's?

Perhaps only in the nature of the Beck's orchestral writing sounding like a throwback to the muscular writing of the old masters, Goldsmith, Williams etc. 

It did feel like a Giacchino score in a few places though...

• 2 weeks later...

James Gunn Fired From GOTG3!

The move comes after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets in which the filmmaker joked about controversial topics such as pedophelia and rape. Gunn, who has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, has since deleted his Twitter account. 

Fuck this virtue signalling bullshit the media has devolved into. When will studio heads be fired for calling girls poopyheads in kindergarten?

If I ever become a world-famous celebrity, I am going to absolutely wipe all my social media accounts and discussion forum post histories.

My JWFan account will be the first to go.

5 minutes ago, Holko said:

Fuck this virtue signalling bullshit the media has devolved into. When will studio heads be fired for calling girls poopyheads in kindergarten?

Probably.

Everything you write online has the potential of staying there forever. Its something futute generations will probably learn to deal with better then we have.

1 minute ago, John said:

If I ever become a world-famous celebrity, I am going to absolutely wipe all my social media accounts and discussion forum post histories.

My JWFan account will be the first to go.

Thats probably what happened to Bloodboal. 

15 minutes ago, Holko said:

Yes, it is crazy.  this just happened earlier in the week.  The guy was pitching in the all-star and someone decided to resurface these from when he was 17 right as he was pitching live.  Pretty shady action.  https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/07/19/brewers-wont-punish-josh-hader-for-offensive-tweets/

You'd think a company as big as Disney/Marvel would know about the social media history of someone directing some of their biggest films.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

You'd think a company as big as Disney/Marvel would know about the social media history of someone directing some of their biggest films.

If they didn't before, they'll be hiring people now to trawl through social media histories of potential candidates in every field. Something seemingly inconsequential you said in 2007 could ruin your life today.

Have I posted anything questionable?  Hope not.  In general, I try to post with the future in mind.  Keepin' it clean and healthy. 

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Imagine being confronted with a post you did here in 2002!

Ah the good old days when every new JW score was labelled as a "dust collector".

Back to Gunn, I don't cry over this because his second Marvel film wasn't very good.

Karol

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Thats why you're such a boring member though.

You call a man who likes both Bach and The Bangles boring!  

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

You call a man who likes both Bach and The Bangles boring!  

Unless these are Trek or Dr Who characters, Stefan probably wouldn't know them. ;)

Karol

32 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

GOTG2 is one of the best Marvel movies.  A shame Marvel did this

The Incredible Hulk was the best Marvel movie, yo! It was so good everbody forgot about it. Like a proper arthouse shit!

Karol

Lol when I heard this I thought it would be like one or two lame tweets and was sort of rolling my eyes at the decision to cut him out but I dunno, that sure is a lot of jokes about raping kiddos...apparently he deleted like 10,000 (??) tweets before wiping the whole account.

https://imgur.com/a/rvbDryr#wu4yhY7

lmvcunn8n2b11.jpg

At the same time, though, surely they already knew about these when he got hired in the first place.

On one hand I hear you Stu.  As a fan of Howard Stern from very early in his career until he watered down his image over the last ten years, I'm all for absurd and offensive shock jock humor.  But you always knew the Wack Pack was just having fun.  Maybe it's the difference between hearing personalities you're familiar with and reading written stuff, but the Gunn examples seem unfunny and redolent of some veiled sincerity.  Who knows though.   

8 hours ago, John said:

Really? I thought it was one of the MCU's weakest entries. There are plenty of good-to-great moments in the film (the Yondu arrow scene was badass), but the entire thing is padded out and derailed by overly unripe jokes that are initially okay and then quickly overstay their welcome.

I agree and I liked Vol. 1. I wasn't looking forward to Vol. 3 so this news, while surprising, doesn't sadden me in the slightest. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

They did. They were aware of his days with Troma and the tweets and Gunn apologized around the time publicly for his tweets. The tweets were disgusting, detestable and just unfunny, but the man's acknowledged them and has changed since then.

Funny that a conservative news website brings them up for his anti-Trump sentiments, Disney shakes Gunn before the crazed liberals and SJW's attack them for not taking any action against him!

This story is so sensationalized and rancid that it hasn't affected my view of Gunn or his films. The accusations against Kevin Spacey have cast him into hiding, but they don't stop me from acknowledging he's a great actor and some of my favourite film roles are with him. It's possible to separate the actor from his personal life.

7 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I agree and I liked Vol. 1. I wasn't looking forward to Vol. 3 so this news, while surprising, doesn't sadden me in the slightest. 

We need to see what else James Gunn can do. Will he be the new Matthew Vaughn?