The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Just now, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

?

Isn't defending people who make child rape jokes going against values held by Disney? ;)

Karol

Agreed. Twitter controversy aside, the drop in quality between GOTG and GOTG2 was sorely apparent, so I wouldn't mind seeing another director (Taika Waititi?) take the reigns for the next installment.

14 minutes ago, John said:

Twitter controversy aside, the drop in quality between GOTG and GOTG2 was sorely apparent

Yes.

I wouldn't mind seeing another director take the reigns for the next installment.

Yes.

Taika Waititi?

No.

On 7/22/2018 at 11:54 AM, Stefancos said:

Drax can make himself completely invisible!

I can avoid being seen if I wish. But to disappear entirely...that is a rare gift.

31 minutes ago, John said:

Why?

I'm definitely in the minority, but I wasn't blown away with Thor 3. It was OK funny, but misplaced in a Thor film I thought. And the bubble gum, neon colours didn't do much for me either. I still think the first one was the best of those films (if not one of the best Marvel movies).  

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

I like 2 more than 1

Ah, nice flashback to my Uni years. Those were the days.

33 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I'm definitely in the minority, but I wasn't blown away with Thor 3. It was OK funny, but misplaced in a Thor film I thought. And the bubble gum, neon colours didn't do much for me either. I still think the first one was the best of those films (if not one of the best Marvel movies).  

Fair enough. Personally, I really enjoyed it, thought it had a lot of good humor and considerable visual style.

27 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

And the bubble gum, neon colours didn't do much for me either.

The Jack Kirby imitations? Yeah, can see that being meh

I think Gunn gave enough of a road map in the first two movies (and almost certainly in story/script for the third) that somebody skilled enough will do a great job.  The Russos did a great service to the characters in Infinity War.

(I really liked both 1 and 2, although much preferred 1.  I almost always lean into origin/gang getting together stories, though)

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Quite the opposite actually.  It’s probably why father-centric stories can work so well on me.

You're lucky. My Da was the guy from Cat's in the Cradle.

10 hours ago, mstrox said:

I think Gunn gave enough of a road map in the first two movies (and almost certainly in story/script for the third) that somebody skilled enough will do a great job.  The Russos did a great service to the characters in Infinity War.

Gunn not only directed the Guardians movies, he also wrote it. Now Marvel has to find someone who can write like Gunn. Joss Whedon, you say? He's one with Marvel!

10 hours ago, mstrox said:

(I really liked both 1 and 2, although much preferred 1.  I almost always lean into origin/gang getting together stories, though)

Me too, not because the first one was an origin movie, but because it was better balanced and everything felt more spontaneous or less forced.

Why is it interesting?

It's not exactly what you expected?

Interesting...

The entire core cast going against the policies of company employing them? It is interesting. What happens if Disney stands by their decision. All the actors quit? That is the only way to be consequential.

Karol

38 minutes ago, Jay said:

The cast fights back!

Where are the nice big tweets asking for Roseanne Barr to be reinstated on the show with her own name on it? 

The hypocrisy of the liberal media never ceases to amaze. 

Welcome development.

Of course Jay's right, none of them are going to quit over this (even if they could), but it's frankly nice to see the social media mob being called out.  I just hope these actors remember this next time someone they're not close to is raked through the coals.

10 hours ago, Wojism said:

Where are the nice big tweets asking for Roseanne Barr to be reinstated on the show with her own name on it? 

Perhaps her colleagues don't like her enough for that. 

roseanne-barr-jarrett-youtube-main-810x6

10 hours ago, Wojism said:

Roseanne tweeted horrible things a few months ago, not years ago.

13 hours ago, Wojism said:

Roseanne compared a black woman to an ape and this was a few months ago. She also has a history of questionable activity on Twitter (spreading fake news about Islam, promoting holocaust deniers and government conspiracies)

James Gunn made some tasteless jokes 10 years ago, some of which Disney knew about when they hired him for the first GotG film. He’s since apologised (rightly or wrongly).

You're both splitting hairs because you like Marvel movies and because Roseanne is an evil Trump supporter. 

Two highly relevant people in the entertainment industry used Twitter to say hateful things about others, which was found to be offensive, and some theories supervisors fired them to save face and satisfy those who were offended. Rehiring one would be hypocritical to the other. Apologies and the timing of the actual Tweets are irrelevant. End of discussion. 

10 minutes ago, Wojism said:

Roseanne is an evil Trump supporter. 

There you go. You knew the answer all along!