The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

29 minutes ago, crocodile said:

But the truth is they were winging it. Joss Whedon had no idea what to do with Thanos.

Almost all franchises "wing it". The only way not to wing it, is to script and film the whole thing from the outset, and I think its quite understandable why Marvel doesn't follow that route.

10 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Almost all franchises "wing it". The only way not to wing it, is to script and film the whole thing from the outset, and I think its quite understandable why Marvel doesn't follow that route.

I agree. Plus it would have been impossible to plan anyway. Because you can't predict what will work in the next film you release and what new directors might bring to the table.

Karol

5 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

What is it with you people? It was a harrowing story of love, survival, and dealing with trauma. Jay is the only human being out of the lot of ya!

SHUT THAT 'OLE IN YER FACE!

I looked it up .  Scott Pilgrim was 2010, her episodes of Community were 2013 and 2014.

Goddamn, Scott Pilgrim has a stacked cast.

I liked how the trailer gave us a glimpse of that multi-generation-time thing - with Cpt. Marvel cutting between different ages doing the same action, I hope that's an inspirational point in the film! 

Although, as far as trailers go, this was yet another example of giving us the whole movie in two minutes...

I have to watch the trailer again sometime, but I met the trailer with mild interest.  The Blockbuster gag to establish the setting was neat. 

Trailer at least looks better than Aquaman and Venom, but I guess that's weak praise.  Not much in this trailer that interests me more than the quick tease at the end of Avengers 3.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the thing.  Even if it's bottom-tier Marvel like the first two Thors and the first Captain America (don't @ me), their quality control hasn't let me down at this point from, at the very least, a fun super-hero movie.

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

A great role model for the kids. 

She's punching an alien in the face that infiltrating the planet for nefarious means.  What's wrong with that?

36 minutes ago, Jay said:

She's punching an alien in the face that infiltrating the planet for nefarious means.  What's wrong with that?

No, she's punching a granny, Jay.