The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

1 hour ago, Jay said:

She's punching an alien in the face that infiltrating the planet for nefarious means.  What's wrong with that?

Oh, so when a woman superhero punches an old woman because she's "an alien...infiltrating the planet for nefarious means", you post a meme, but when I punch an old woman for the _exact_ _same_ _reason_ I get charged with assault and a restraining order?

It sickens me that you're moderator and have such disgusting double standards, @Jay.

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

This is absolutely true.

I remember several years ago my stepfather bought one of his sons a violent video game for Christmas, saying "You can shoot guns and steal cars and all that other stuff like in Grand Theft Auto, but none of the icky stuff with girls or anything." It's cool for an 8 year old boy to be exposed to hours of violence, blood, and death, yet throw in a pair of boobs or illustrate sexuality in some way? We must protect our nation's children! 

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

I remember several years ago my stepfather bought one of his sons a violent video game for Christmas, saying "You can shoot guns and steal cars and all that other stuff like in Grand Theft Auto, but none of the icky stuff with girls or anything." It's cool for an 8 year old boy to be exposed to hours of violence, blood, and death, yet throw in a pair of boobs or illustrate sexuality in some way? We must protect our nation's children! 

115345baaca94ac2c5e9dbe826f90f4a.gif

35 minutes ago, TGP said:

Nice going with that insensitive gif Jay.  Now Alex will never attend a JWFan meetup for fear that you'll ride in on a nuke and pistol whip him. 

Knowing what we know about Jay, is there any reason for Alex's fears to be unjustified? 

Marvel Studios developing Loki and Scarlet Witch shows starring the film actors for Disney's upcoming streaming service

There went the last hope of the Netflix universe ever intersecting back into the main MCU

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Loki[...]show starring the film actor.

No!

He's one of Marvel's only legitimately great characters. We don't need there to be chance to screw him up. We know more than enough about his backstory, journey and ultimate fate. To put any more of it onscreen would just be demystifying.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone else spend the entirety of Spider Man: Homecoming thinking one of Vulture’s henchman was Dave Chappelle? I found out it’s the guy from the Fargo TV series and now I feel like a racist.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I was such a fan of him in Fargo that I knew it was him immediately in Spider-Man.

Same

Yup, amazing final scene for him!  Perfect.

Overall I like seasons 3 and 1 much more than 2, though.

I think I like Legion even more than Fargo.

Picking nits really, between the 2 shows we have 5 amazing seasons of television so far no doubt.  Can't wait for Legion S3 and Fargo S4.

Legion's first season was pretty neat. The second season, while it had it's moments, barely kept it together for me though (it seemed to be running in circles). Fargo's the more focused of the two. It also helps that it boasts stronger casts as well.

Apparently Hawley has been filming his first feature film, a space flick with Natalie Portman.

Yea it has a good cast and Jeff Russo's scoring it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot_(film)

I liked season 2 of Legion about as much as season 1 I think.  Though season 1 had a better mystery to unravel

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 10:36 AM, Holko said:

No, destroy them like Joe did or something.

I never but if I did it would be T4