The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Well sure, but what I mean is, more than the fact that they haven't announced it yet, is that they haven't even SHOT it yet.  I mean, it's not possible they've shot an entire film that no one found out about, right?  So that must mean they plan on shooting it this late summer/fall, and have post-prod finished by May.  And that every actor cast in it so far has remained mum.

According to David Harbour Black Widow is supposed to start filming this June. I guess that would be their May release. Marvel usually only starts filming about a year before the release date - but I'm sure previz is already done for all the action scenes, which makes shooting and post easier.

That would make a lot of a sense, because if it was a new property that didn't have any films yet there'd probably be casting announcements and stuff. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

That would make a lot of a sense, because if it was a new property that didn't have any films yet there'd probably be casting announcements and stuff. 

Unless they really want to time the surprise announcement of say, a Fantastic Four or X-Men film, for some time after Spider-Man's release.

The thing with potential mid-credit or after-credit easter eggs is, Spider-man is still a SONY film first, and MCU film second.  Sony might not want to use their film to advertise the next Disney MCU film during their end credits.  Homecoming's credit scene didn't tease other films, just showed you more about the Vulture and {whatever the name is of the character played by the guy who plays Nacho on BCS}

Yeah, Sony is doing their own thing with Spiderman. If Marvel Studios had a bigger say, they would have pushed the film and certainly the marketing for it a bit further back to avoid conflicting with Endgame.

Spider-Man Homecoming and Far From Home are 100% in the MCU.  But they are distributed by Sony, not Disney, so it's slightly different.  It's the deal Feige could get out of Pascal (after getting the sandwich thrown at him ;) )

Sony had a rough few years this decade box office wise and they needed the money.  So they license the character to Marvel Studios / Disney.

I mean look at their 2016.  Yikes!

image.png

Just now, The Original said:

How come you never see anything from TriStar anymore?

Apparently the Tom Hanks Mr. Rogers movie is TriStar, coming November 2019.  But that will be the first movie from that production company since December 2017 (All the Money in the World, aka Oh Shit Kevin Spacey Got Me Too'd)

5 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Thank you! Somebody got number one right!

And Moonlight didn't even crack my top 25.  What a horribly overrated movie.

15 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

That's not low.  I really like all of those movies in that picture.

10th place is too low!

On 5/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Fabulin said:

Both La La Land and Rogue One were amazing on the big screen. Just add The Nice Guys and Swiss Army Man and 2016 in film isn't that bad after all.

Really? Lalaland is the worst musical ever and Rogue one was the most unnecessary movie with unrelatable characters. Vader acted unlike Vader The score by mg was typical of his vapid talents. I was rooting for the stormtroopers to take out the annoying blind oriental character.

Oh look Stu showed us his real face.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

Really? Lalaland is the worst musical ever and Rogue one was the most unnecessary movie with unrelatable characters. Vader acted unlike Vader The score by mg was typical of his vapid talents. I was rooting for the stormtroopers to take out the annoying blind oriental characters. 

I agree so it's must be true.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ghostbusters II said:

You really like Rogue One?

I was going to ask did he really like Lalaland. Ugh

Arrival wasn't much better. Or much worse?