The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Winter Soldier is the best MCU character! If there's going to be a WS standalone movie/trilogy, I would want someone like JW or the Maestro himself to write the themes/score. 

11 minutes ago, A Ghost From Highwood said:

Winter Soldier is the best MCU character! If there's going to be a WS standalone movie/trilogy, I would want someone like JW or the Maestro himself to write the themes/score. 

Nice to hear the enthusiasm, but I think JW is far past a time when he would do such a project. In fact, I don't think any Superhero film outside of Superman was or will be worth JW spending time on. 

7 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Nice to hear the enthusiasm, but I think JW is far past a time when he would do such a project. In fact, I don't think any Superhero film outside of Superman was or will be worth JW spending time on. 

yeah... (Y);)

22 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

The Winter Soldier isnt even the new Captain America!

Steve: I'm staying with Peggy. And the shield will go to Sam.

Bucky:

CloudyThunderousLadybird-size_restricted.gif

12 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Whats the best one so far? 

I like what the Russos are doing. Especially their action scenes are pretty impressive, and aesthetically, a notch above the rest. 

43 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I like what the Russos are doing. Especially their action scenes are pretty impressive, and aesthetically, a notch above the rest. 

Their chase scenes and fight scenes in confined spaces are rather good. But once they get to the big epic battle stuff with many characters i find them a bit lacking.

Whedon actually does big "Avengers" battles a bit better.

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Their chase scenes and fight scenes in confined spaces are rather good. But once they get to the big epic battle stuff with many characters i find them a bit lacking.

Whedon actually does big "Avengers" battles a bit better.

I thought the weakest thing about The Avengers was the big epic battle at the end with the flying monkeys. It's not Whedon's forte either.  Granted, big epic battles are always the weakest aspect in any Marvel movie.

18 minutes ago, The Original said:

Whedon's movies had nicer colours.

Meh, I agree with Steef, it doesn't look all that cinematic.

17 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I thought the weakest thing about The Avengers was the big epic battle at the end with the flying monkeys. It's not Whedon's forte either.  Granted, big epic battles are always the weakest aspect in any Marvel movie.

Whedon at least tries to make use of the location and keep it visually interesting. (New York, Sekovia). I found the "big" Avengers battles in Civil War and the last 2 films rather uninspiring.

But yeah, big massive, improbable end battles really aren't my thing most of the time.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

Don't know what you are referring to ... Netflix movies look very good. Roma, Bird Box, ...

I mean for the average Netflix TV show rather than their big, more artistically driven films.

A big battle scene is all blue/green screen, they are technically too complicated for a director to make it interesting. Actors are literally standing in a green studio. It's all post-production. And the post-production dictates the scene. It's why Doctor Strange isn't good either.

1 minute ago, Alexcremers said:

A big battle scene is all blue/green screen, they are technically too complicated for a director to make it interesting.

Unless you're called Spielberg or Cameron!

23 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Unless you're called Spielberg or Cameron!

I didn't like Avatar and I switched off Spielberg's role-playing CGI fest.

Who else do we have? Pete Jackson?

0115-lovely-bones-stanley-tuccijpg-1b3e9

tumblr_inline_p6v7arWUTk1s954y9_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Sony's using the success of their non-MCU Into The Spider-verse to promote the MCU Far From Home in the IMAX poster, aesthetically

69971895373110629373.jpg

There is no doubt that the Avengers are no match for the force. Its becoming more likely they will fail to defeat the Navi.

4 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

There is no doubt that the Avengers are no match for the force. Its becoming more likely they will fail to defeat the Navi.

Why would the Avengers fight against the Na'vi? 

If you factor-in not just inflation but also number of venues (there were less theaters back in the day) Avatar is still WAAAY ahead.

1 minute ago, Chen G. said:

If you factor-in not just inflation but also number of venues (there were less theaters back in the day) Avatar is still WAAAY ahead.

Who cares about inflation? We just want to be Number 1!

18 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Half a billion, to be exactly.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't cinema visits go down after the emergence of streaming platforms?

We had the same amount of theatres during Avatar and Endgame.

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm not so sure about that. Didn't cinema visits go down after the emergence of streaming platforms?

People yack on about streaming as if people never watched movies at home before. We had DVD that was huge in the 2000s and VHS in the 80s and 90s.

The difference is that you had to go to the store to buy or rent a tape. Due to streaming (and downloading), this is something only few people still do.

Hmmm, adjusted, Star Wars made more money than Endgame.

3 minutes ago, The Original said:

Movies over the internet, food delivery apps, grocery delivery apps... do people even leave their house anymore?

I kinda miss the days of renting a VHS tape or DVD. No more movie chats with shop clerks.