The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Joe, it's only 38mil behind the smurfs, worldwide. Here's hoping...

I never refure to the Navi as smurfs. Remember I am Cameron's fan. World wide there is 37 million in Box Office for Endgame to beat Avatar but it will be a a young virgin would say...tight. the 103 mil. Needed to be TFA is simple not there. That dream was lost in week 2 when it failed to reach 150m for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I've seen neither.

Avatar is a fine film with a 5 star score. One of Horner's best.  ;)

11 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

So is Fury Road, or so I've heard. It doesn't mean I have to like them. 

Starring Mel Gibson would work better. Though Tom Hardy is sexy.

In a dirty, lots of condoms, and dental dams sort of way. Can you get Herpes over the internet.

China loves Spider-Man: Far From Home and opens with $111 million at the Chinese box-office. Something tells me that Joe doesn't like it that it didn't first open in the US.

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

China loves Spider-Man: Far From Home and opens with $111 million at the Chinese box-office. Something tells me that Joe doesn't like it that it didn't first open in the US.

And you would be wrong. We are seeing it Wednesday night.

I am told one should make sure they see Captain Marvel being seeing it (as well as seeing Endgame too of course)

I love how Capt Marvel says Hello Peter Parker in Endgame. 

Well I just saw Far from Home. It a fun but pretty unspectacular film. The action sequences are great and the mid and post credits scenes are interesting, but that’s about it.

Phase 4 joins a long line of entries of film series which take place after the series had already found a great place on which to close shop.

It belongs in the same camp with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and its sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean 4-5, Toy Story 4, The Star Wars Sequel trilogy, etcetra.

It is redundant.

5 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Phase 4 joins a long line of entries of film series which take place after the series had already found a great place on which to close shop.

It belongs in the same camp with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and its sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean 4-5, Toy Story 4, The Star Wars Sequel trilogy, etcetra.

It is redundant.

Reminded me of this classic strip:

6B30C84A-1876-4E91-9EB6-806A8A26472C.jpeg

Far from Home is pretty good (annoying score) but it pales in comparison to Spider-verse

22 hours ago, Jay said:

That has nothing to do with the MCU

Its a wonderful alternative. 

Not all animated movie are aimed at younger audiences and it is pretty naive of you to feel that way.  Oh well

57 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

They are for kids. Or you have to look for the arty ones. 

So not true and if you have seen this film you wouldn't  be saying that. This is a quite funny moment that relieves some of the dark tension. 

It has an extra appeal to them (mainly in the form of a wink to previous cinematic incarnations of the character), but its certainly primarily a movie for kids.

The only reason I ever saw it was because I had to take two young cousins of mine to see it.

Its a touch too breathless, I thought.

20 hours ago, Gistech said:

In news that will shock absolutely nobody, Thor 4 is happening, with Taiki Waititi directing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-direct-thor-4-1224464

He who calls himself Stefancos will be pleased to hear that.

20 hours ago, Gistech said:

In news that will shock absolutely nobody, Thor 4 is happening, with Taiki Waititi directing.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-direct-thor-4-1224464

The only thing propping up Chris Hemsworth's acting career. They had to make a 4th one. Hemsworth will do 20 more if you want him to do. What else does he have.

2 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

The only thing propping up Chris Hemsworth's acting career. They had to make a 4th one. Hemsworth will do 20 more if you want him to do. What else does he have.

I dunno about that, taking out cameo roles, the man's starred in 20 films in the last 9 years, that's pretty good for any actor