The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Endgame dethroned Avatar.

Now bow before the Russo brothers, Cameron!

Until Avatar gets a re-release before Avatar 2...

Doubt James Cameron at your own risk!

11 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

If there's one thing James Cameron is good at, its making money. Lots and lots of money.

That used to be the case but there are signs that the Cameron effect might have worn off.  People don't ask where is Avatar 2, they asked where is Ant-Man 3.

The Avatar sequels will make money by boatloads. Not OG Avatar money (its telling that Cameron held back on producing all four simultaneously), but loads nonetheless.

People can say all they want about Avatar not permeating the popular culture like other franchise films, but at the end of the day - people do know what Avatar is - and that's a very good place to be at, as a filmmaker.

And certainly, James Cameron is a better filmmaker than the Russo brothers, and that's got to count for something.

Perhaps Avatar is still alive and kicking in Israel? Because I don't hear people talking about it, not here, not anywhere. Also, Cameron wrote, produced and endorsed Alita Battle Angle and despite his omnipresent involvement, the film failed to reach the 100 million dollar mark at the box-office in the States. Another omen?

The biggest critique on Alita was Cameron's writing. 

Yes, the sequel is going to make lot's of money but will it be comparable to Titanic and Avatar? I don't think so. Those days are over, I'm afraid. Not everyone that went to see Avatar is pumped to see a sequel. 

Furthermore, the 3D hype didn't hurt the movie. Is 3D still a big thing?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Where’s Ant-Man 3?

He's at home, washing his tights :lol:

So...The Mouse now owns 20thCF. What next? I'd like to see it buy itself, so it can chase its own serpent's tail, and end-up disappearing up its own ass.

36 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I don't hear people talking about it, not here, not anywhere. Also, Cameron wrote, produced and endorsed Alita Battle Angle and despite his omnipresent involvement, the film failed to reach the 100 million dollar mark at the box-office in the States. Another omen?

I don't hear people talking about it, either. But they know what it is. If you say Avatar, they'll know its "that film with the blue aliens". It doesn't sound like much, but it does mean that people recognise this film.

As for Alita, it wasn't a James Cameron directed film, and that reflects both in the film itself and its box office. Avatar 2 isn't going to be Alita.

If I understand correctly (haven't seen and don't have any plans to see it), the main draw of Avatar in the first place was the 3D (again... this time done correctly and here to stay, we swear, it's not another dumb phase, just give us your money, please please) and the vast CG world and characters. The sequels shouldn't float solely on this again in 2019.

6 hours ago, The Original said:

Where are the X-Men?

This isn’t a complete list. In the last seconds of the show, Feige mentioned other phase 4 things in the works (Including “Mutants” and Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2).  As far as I know, not a peep about Guardians of the Galaxy 3, although we all know it’s coming.

I’m sure there will be another Avengers movie in this phase, and Sony isn’t just going to ignore spider-man.

I think that would be Spider-Man?

Speaking of which, I'm actually interested in this Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch film. If they are indeed going down a slightly scarier route can we please have a Christopher Young score this time?

Karol

7 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

I didn't care about Alita Battle Broad because it was a weird looking computer graphics thing. It was also another supergirl movie. Over it.

It should have been an anime.

Karol

On 7/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, TheUlyssesian said:

The only thing propping up Chris Hemsworth's acting career. They had to make a 4th one. Hemsworth will do 20 more if you want him to do. What else does he have.

This will be his last film as thor, isnt it? It'as about Jane Foster becoming Thor. That's shocking news really, Natalie Portman returns in the end and to be the spuerhero no less.

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

This will be his last film as thor, isnt it? It'as about Jane Foster becoming Thor. That's shocking news really, Natalie Portman returns in the end and to be the spuerhero no less.

I think he has this and Guardians? So he's gonna do God knows how many more.

Apparently the new Doctor Strange is linked to the WandaVision TV series on Disney+. Great! Another thing I have to watch to understand what’s going on!

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I'm probably the only one in the world who hasn't seen Endgame.

Not quite...although it's coming to the Islands, in August.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

The Russos are not for me?!

Mediocrity is not for you.