• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Jay

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

3026 posts in this topic

I hope one of those movies flop so bad that it brings the entire studio, no genre down to ashes and dust!! Like what Cutthroat Island did to pirate movies!

Yeah, like there were loads of pirate movies being made before Cutthroat Island.

I thought Avengers 3 was going to be about them fighting Thanos with all the infinity stones, so I'm surprised it's now called Civil War.

Well, the subtitle indicates maybe they've pushed the Thanos stuff to Avengers 4

I finally watched Thor: The Dark World last night. One thing really bothered me about it. Why do the filmmakers seem to make a conscious effort to hide Kat Dennings' voluptuous figure? What a waste.

The scenes on Earth are the most interesting. Partly because the more comedic tone and Dennings.

BuTd7pPIYAIQDlg.jpg

Sooooo, is this fake? Cause I finally got around to googling it and found nothing.

It's definitely fake, and over 5 weeks old. Thanks, Chuckster!

The trouble with making a Civil War film is that to do the comics justice, you need heroes from the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man franchises, which are owned by other studios. Are there enough Marvel-owned characters to be used as replacements? Probably. But it wouldn't be the same.

The trouble with making a Civil War film is that to do the comics justice, you need heroes from the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man franchises, which are owned by other studios. Are there enough Marvel-owned characters to be used as replacements? Probably. But it wouldn't be the same.

The same is true with the Infinity Gauntlet, but here we are! The regular moviegoing audience will be none the wiser.

Right, we've established that the image is fake. Avengers 3 will be Thanos.

The only thing we don't is if Chuckster knew it was fake and was trolling us, or thought it was real.

No but they were very reluctant when it comes to a solo Hulk movie. Tgey tried an artistc take - it didn't quitr work (financially). They did a reverential one... same result. Didn't they say there are no plans to make another one?

Karol

Yeah, but they say a lot of bullshit. I'm sure they'll make another one, at some point. Unless they kill Hulk in Avengers 2, of course.

Didn't they confirm an upcoming Hulk movie once The Avengers became a super-hit?

And I knew those titles were fake from the start. I just thought the dates were accurate. Some of those titles are way too stupid to be real.

And I knew those titles were fake from the start. I just thought the dates were accurate. Some of those titles are way too stupid to be real.

When it comes to superhero movies, there is no such thing as an implausible title.

Didn't they confirm an upcoming Hulk movie was They Avengers became a super-hit?

No, that was one surprising film they wouldn't announce. In fact, the only thing they learned from it is that Hulk works better within the team.

Karol

Guardians passes Iron Man 2 to become the fourth highest grossing MCU film; Will very likely pass Iron Man 1 to become the third highest by the end of it's run

(Currently Avengers is #1 and Iron Man 3 is #2)

Guardians passes Iron Man 2 to become the fourth highest grossing MCU film; Will very likely pass Iron Man 1 to become the third highest by the end of it's run

There's no such film as Iron Man 1.