The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I have yet to see a great Marvel TV show. With the kid, I watched Luke Cage, Daredevil and Jessica Jones but none of them were great. Deadwood is great.

I wanted to like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, but while they started out promising, they all ended up being exactly the same thing as each other.  They all explored the same concepts in the same ways while the hero wisecracked around.  Meh

The only reason I'd consider watching Jessica Jones is because I've heard so many gush about how great David Tennant is in it.

I will never, ever watch Daredevil or Luke Cage or whatever.

So this new show sounds like it could aim to be fun, rather than dark and dreary? I might consider watching it then.

Agent Carter was really very awesome.

Great characters, great time setting, great adventure, great fun! :Dear

David Tennant in one of those shows? Didn't know that!

Now I'm actually kind of curious...

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The only reason I'd consider watching Jessica Jones is because I've heard so many gush about how great David Tennant is in it.

Without Tennant it would have been a lot less watchable. Having said that, these are shows for kids & teens. 

14 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I will never, ever watch Daredevil or Luke Cage or whatever.

When I was a kid I watched shows like The Six Million Dollar Man and The Man From Atlantis. Whether we're talking about these shows or Marvel shows, not much has changed. People with special abilities fighting evil and crime. They just were different cloths.

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

All the Marvel/Netflix shows are simply too long. 6-8 episodes for each would do.

Karol

I enjoyed Daredevil but yeah, it felt too long. 

Ive had absolutely no desire to watch season 2 and I didn't get through the first episode of Jessica Jones. 

Didnt even think about the others.

I just find your attitude a little bit pretentious.

Not every show is made to be a well honed and tight piece of storytelling. Many are just to provide the viewer with an hours of entertainment once a week for 26 weeks in a year.

98% (probably even more) of everything in life is nothing to write home about.

Karol - who never writes home about... anything really

More! Bigger! Faster! More jokes!

So far, the only positive thing about this one is that it takes place in a non-Earth environment.

I like it, though I think Guardians of the Galaxy has probably had too much of an influence of it, it definitily feels like Diet Guardians.