The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

If Waititi injects the same pizazz and craft into Ragnarok that he has with his other films, I think it will definitely pay off. 

Also want to hear what Mothersbaugh comes up with, if the Cloudy scores are anything to go by, big brash, bold music with synths leading the way!

15 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

I really dig the shots with the Valkyries.

This and Blanchett have got me curious. More than Guardians 2 anyway, which I haven't seen.

Actually, if I had to believe an antagonist being able to kill Indy, it would probably be her. The movie went with a goofier tone and style and I dunno. Clearly they'd already done that before and it didn't work that last time.

Oh no does it mean Orlando Bloom is going to be the next Marvel villain?

I mean Tauriel actually might become one. Her character in the comic book is a villain.

Karol

Lots of Thanos action in the Avengers trailer at Comic Con. BTW, why does the audience watch that trailer and cheer and shout like it's a sports game? We do not do this in Europe.

Does the audience in Australia cheer and shout during theatrical presentations as well? If the whole room gave comments like "Oh, my god", or, "Yeah, that's more like it!", "Oh, no, why?", then it's like everybody needs to be on the same page about everything. It's almost mass hysteria. There's no place anymore for the individual or respect for personal thought. More and more it's seems to be about the joined experience, people as 'the collective'. You don't listen to music alone at home. No, you go to Tomorrowland and jump up and down with 60.000 other people on music that you are not familiar with. It's not the music, it's not about about the movie either, it's everybody feeling the same.

50_asian_experiences_sheep.jpg

Alex

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Does the audience in Australia cheer and shout during theatrical presentations as well?

No, Australians are far too reserved to behave like that in cinemas. However the pubs and sporting events are a different story. Generally they're not as passionate about film as they are about other things.

The very few times in my life I've seen an audience clap or enthusiatically react in unison to a film was the "talk to the hand" moment in Terminator 3, Hermione slamming Draco between the eyes in PoA and a standing ovation for Star Trek in 2009. These were all exceptions to the rule in Australia.

57 minutes ago, Sally Spectra said:

No, Australians are far too reserved to behave like that in cinemas.

Ah, good! It must be their English ancestry. They too turn into hooligans when it comes to sports but at least they do tend to behave in the theatre. 

Here I've mostly heard laughs at funny moments, and I once saw a standing ovation with WALL·E at the end of the film. Also crowd reactions at moments like the scene with the bullet at the end of X-Men: First Class or the death of the villain in Avatar. And for some reason, I still remember a guy laughing his ass off through Iron Man 3.

Non obtrusive crowd reactions don't bother me. People aren't robots.

Yes, that other thing I have never seen. Closest thing is something like X-Men movies in opening night, when you can tell people are really into it, but it's still not that...

42 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

If you can't stand it over there, Alex, I can't imagine your reaction over here ;)

I would definitely stay home.

Hal_brain_room605.jpg

The collective: "Yeah! Kill the MF! Kill HAL! Why is it taking so long, man?!" Come on!"

If that doesn't spoil it, I don't know what does.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

The moment you find out who Michael Keaton's character is in the new Spider-Man drew an audible gasp from the audience I saw it  with.  An actual audible gasp.

I was the same experience with the audience I saw it with.

Crowded and yet they still managed to leave out Ant-Man! (and no jokes allowed about how you just can't see him, way ahead of you)

Also, Jeremy Renner is very tiny on that poster lol