The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I find myself drawn to the more independent ones (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man etc) so I think I’ll probably like Black Panther

Yeah, me too, I got a boner watching the trailer, it's the first time for a Marvel movie. It must mean something!

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Yeah, me too, I got a boner watching the trailer, it's the first time for a Marvel movie. It must mean something!

An actual one or a metaphorical one?

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

An actual one or a metaphorical one?

Karol

What's the english expression, when your tits gets hard?

13 hours ago, Alex said:

I find myself drawn to the more independent ones (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man etc) so I think I’ll probably like Black Panther

Those aren't independent movies at all! It's all Marvel or Disney!

• 2 weeks later...

I may have started to give up on Marvel completely. All the latest entries were rather bland, Guardians 2 and Thor 3 were closer to bad for me. The last ones I enjoyed were Ant-Man and Dr. Strange, and GotG is usually so crazy in most aspects that it can almost singlehandedly carry the movie. But Ragnarok was just bad. I lost any sort of investment back at Ultron (which is the only one I saw at the cinema, with my kinda-girlfriend), but up until this, they were at least tolerable. This one scratches the low bar of that. Infinity War is the one I'm kind of looking forward to, in hopes of there being a ton of entertaining character interactions in the focus, we have a lot of strong personalities that will have to cooperate somehow.

Their latest films are sloppier than usual. I mean, there's nothing particularly inventive about Doctor Strange or Ant-Man but they're well executed films which feel coherent. But within the last year, they got considerably worse. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, for all its eye-popping visuals, was actually quite boring. Thor: Ragnarok had similar problems and Black Panther managed to outdo both of them in dullness department. Which is a shame because there was a potential there to make something bit more interesting thematically. Only Spider-Man: Homecoming felt like a complete coherent story. It is actually really funny because the overall direction of this film was the most generic of the lot. But it was refreshingly breezy and smaller in scale than anything else in the MCU.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to make anything out of it.  Very busy.  I did like the jokey bits though.

I'll take the adventures of Peter Parker in a red ski mask a million times over the previous trailer's CGI Iron Spider business, though, so a step up.

That was fun.  I enjoyed the twinkly Avengers theme in the beginning and the trailer-ized Avengers theme at the end

I think its actually pretty cool what Marvel is able to acomplish here, taking huge summer blockbuster tentpole characters and bringing them all together.  Its pretty unique and unlikely to be rivaled for a long time; the DC stuff just doesn't have the same effect.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

That was fun.  I enjoyed the twinkly Avengers theme in the beginning and the trailer-ized Avengers theme at the end

I think its actually pretty cool what Marvel is able to acomplish here, taking huge summer blockbuster tentpole characters and bringing them all together.  Its pretty unique and unlikely to be rivaled for a long time; the DC stuff just doesn't have the same effect.

Agreed. Even with the occasional misfire, what they've accomplished is incredible. Movies, TV shows, shorts-- all occupying the same universe, and some of them overlapping. I'm really looking forward to this. 

I prefer some DC movies over Marvel though.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I think its actually pretty cool what Marvel is able to acomplish here, taking huge summer blockbuster tentpole characters and bringing them all together. 

Not a fan of those Superhero team-up movies. I prefer the ones that deal with just one superhero character.

I have can't quite decide whether I'm excited or not... but it's nice to see Marvel using an Avengers theme to promote an Avengers film.

Karol

7 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I have can't quite decide whether I'm excited or not...

But it's got the most superheroes in one movie ever!

Decided to see what it would be like if Silvestri scored all 3 Cap films. It's disappointing to think of the lost potential in musical continuity, but glad he's back for Infinity War. I hope to hear Caps theme return, as it's my favourite theme in the MCU.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Akz-9hNbLAnnhjAGcy7xp5ojequL 

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2018 at 8:05 AM, crocodile said:

I have a hard time imagining it being any good.

Karol

Same here. By my count, there will be 22 superheroes facing off against Thanos in this one. I hardly expect a single one to die, so maybe the film is just one gigantic, 3-hour stalemate? (After all, there's Part 2 to deliver next year, right??) So much at stake in this one.

I just finished ranting over on the Indy 5 thread about how craptastic these MCU properties have become. I mean, seriously, what will we see that is truly different from the two dozen prior installments? Perhaps what interests me the most about this one is if they explain why battle strategies in the 21st century involving individualistic superheroes and beings from the other side of the universe (as shown in the trailer) appear to derive substantially from the Napoleonic era.

12 hours ago, Iron_Giant said:

Same here. By my count, there will be 22 superheroes facing off against Thanos in this one. I hardly expect a single one to die, so maybe the film is just one gigantic, 3-hour stalemate? (After all, there's Part 2 to deliver next year, right??) So much at stake in this one.

Well if you read the original Infinity Gantlet storyline and knew what Thanos' plan was... I won't spoil it.

I forgot these movies take their storylines from the comic books. Are you saying I might be pleasantly surprised by what Thanos does? 'Cause that would be fine by me!

If their adaptation of The Infinity Gauntlet is anything like their "adaptation" of Extremis (Iron Man 3), Civil War (Captain America 3), or Ragnarok/Planet Hulk (Thor 3), it will basically be an adaptation in name only.

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Let's just say if they follow that storyline, Thanos' plan will be heavily divisive among the population.

Ah, yes.. the trailer says that, I remember. I don't know what it means, although I suspect now it must involve the whole of Earth's population--which are pretty good stakes, I'll admit. I'm ready to (mostly) retract my rants from yesterday if the movie/story is good.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, crocodile said:

I doubt it will be that massive in scale. It's not really doable on film.

Karol

Feige:

1WSKJTN.gif

On 3/17/2018 at 8:05 AM, crocodile said:

I have a hard time imagining it being any good.

Karol

You have a pathetic imagination.

There you go replying to month and a half old posts again.  He's already seen and posted about the movie since that post!

On 4/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, Pieter_Boelen said:

Who copied whom?

Their order in the post needs to be switched. The Infinity War poster came first. The Dragon Ball poster was done by a Reddit user afterward. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

There you go replying to month and a half old posts again.  He's already seen and posted about the movie since that post!

Really Jay sthu

His review reflects his pathetic imagination 

Joe, please don't attack other board members by calling them pathetic.  We should try to be nice to each other here, not mean to each other, especially for no reason whatsoever, completely uncalled for out of the blue.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Joe, please don't attack other board members by calling them pathetic.  We should try to be nice to each other here, not mean to each other, especially for no reason whatsoever, completely uncalled for out of the blue.

Joe did nothing but give his opinion. Why are you arbitrarily attacking him again?

attack?  What?

So, in your opinion, this is not an attack:

On 4/27/2018 at 3:17 PM, JoeinAR said:

You have a pathetic imagination.

And neither is this:

On 4/27/2018 at 11:37 PM, JoeinAR said:

Really Jay sthu

His review reflects his pathetic imagination 

But this is?

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Joe, please don't attack other board members by calling them pathetic.  We should try to be nice to each other here, not mean to each other

Interesting....