• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Jay

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

3221 posts in this topic

I loved The Wizard Of Oz because it took you to a different world. It's the reason why I later liked Star Wars, another non-artsy fartsy movie. No, I'm afraid you got me confused with Koray, who was raised on The Criterion Collection.

Alex

Why don't you ask him? He's on Twitter I think.

I don't wanna look like a weirdo.

"Excuse me, Mr Bulk, why did you deactivate your Facebook? And do you drink bulk up shake? You have big muscles!"

I'll show him the picture anyway. It will possibly amuse him.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, BloodBoal said:

I'd rather watch Logan for some proper senseless violence, and I'd rather watch Firefly for Morena Baccarin.

I'll be in my bunk. 

17 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I loved The Wizard Of Oz because it took you to a different world. It's the reason why I later liked Star Wars, another non-artsy fartsy movie. No, I'm afraid you got me confused with Koray, who was raised on The Criterion Collection.

Alex

No, they pegged you right, I'm afraid. I was raised on Gremlins, Critters, The Fifth Element, Bond, Leslie Nielsen, Don Bluth, and 90s Bruckheimer and Bay. If by Criterion Collection you mean The Rock and Armageddon, then you're right. 

Perhaps the film is a commercial that plays before the post-credits scenes?

Or a First Look teaser for the post-credits

I think Gunn going overboard is clearly going to be played for comedy, gently poking fun at the Marvel post-credits scenes in general.  Expect more tomfoolery like Howard the Duck in the first one.

Pieter_Boelen likes this

Let's not kid ourselves. It won't end in 2019. The article iso overinterpreting what Feige said.

He's just saying it'll be slightly different, which basically means it won't be called Phase 4, but Phase Ultra, Phase Alpha or Phase Turbo or some shit like that.

Kevin Feige: "We decided to name the new phase differently, because it is something completely new for MCU: now, instead of releasing two or three movies a year, we'll release two or three movies on the same day, two or three days a year!"

Of course now. Disney/Marvel aint gonna stop as long as people are lining up for more.

But The Avengers generation probably has a lot of actors who's contracts are up, who wanna move on or wanna make loads more money from now on. Also. With this same group and with this storyline, how do you continue after your 1 billion dollar Infinity War double-bill ends?

A clean slate and a (slightly) new direction seems quite logical.

Well, sure. Of course they couldn't stick with the same cast forever.

Doesn't mean the new films will be that much different, though.

Of course, that's why I added "slightly".

The Marvel Movie Machine (patent pending) will forever churn out endless new phases with a revolving-door-cast for all time.  Just sleep peacefully tonight knowing that, hopefully years from now, when your in your final death throes, there will be a Captain America or Avengers movie playing nearby.  Your family can move away from the sadness of your inexorable passing by slunking over to the cinema and taking in some popcorn entertainment.

So... Why make an Inhumans TV show on ABC when there pretty much has already been one?

It's called Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

My updated ranking of MCU films :D

Bear in mind, I don't think any of these are modern classics or anything, but they're all great fun!

Screen_Shot_2017-05-07_at_6_41.16_PM.png

Is the higher numbers the better films, or the lower number the better films?

Where's Ant-man, Iron Man 1 & 2, Thor 1, and Incredible Hulk?

I would place Ant-Man above all of the Avengers films - including Civil War (which should be called Avengers 3: Civil War).

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Where's and Incredible Hulk?

So you think The Incredible Hulk, one of the very worst Marvel movies ever, should be in his Top 10? I see...

That film is so boring. I think there's literally one interesting scene in it and I can't even recall that right now.

At least Thor 2 had Hopkins and Loki.

Americans are a bit shallow, Steef. They prefer Hulk Smash over Ang Lee's philosophical movie.