Jay

Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Giacchino's sequel scores are universally good, almost always better than the first (maybe Incredibles 2 is the only one that isn't) so my expectations for Far From Home's score can't be higher!

On 1/11/2019 at 3:33 AM, Chen G. said:

Hopefully it will die down within the next few years. 

I mean, I like quite a few of those films but enough already!

I believe trends in cinema tend to have a longevity of 25-30 years, so we should be getting there.

Have you anything to back up this last statement?

Now that Marvel has the FF and Xmen the universe got larger and more opportunistic.  

4 hours ago, W0$ said:

Well this trailer royally spoils the resolution of Endgame. I guess it had to. 

I’m not seeing Tony anywhere in the trailer, though.

Everything I'm reading online says this is not set before Infinity War. It's set after Endgame. That makes the mystery not whether key characters survive or come back, but how. 

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

It certainly lessens the impact. There was no reason to show this trailer untill May.

Actually, there is. Sony is the distributor. Their interests are their own, and somewhat exclusive from Marvel/Disney's. They do not want to risk zero publicity until May. 

2 hours ago, W0$ said:

Everything I'm reading online says this is not set before Infinity War. It's set after Endgame. That makes the mystery not whether key characters survive or come back, but how. 

There was so much hype for Infinity War. With the next one, I feel the opposite. The closer it gets, the less I want of it.

I wonder if the results of Thanos' snap is that all who turned to dust in this universe woke up to find themselves in another universe. Far from Home would be showing the Parker and Fury who made the trip.