The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

3 hours ago, Fabulin said:

Movies are written, directed and starred by antiheroes. Most of the audience are antiheroes. Fair towards someone, unfair or dickish towards someone else. That's why. 

Disney was also surprised that Donald became more popular than Mickey. 

Correction. Disney was surprised that Donald became more popular than Hillary.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:08 PM, Fabulin said:

Disney was also surprised that Donald became more popular than Mickey. 

Mickey is a secondary character here. In my country we're all about Donald. He has his own magazine.  

Tijdschrift_Donald_Duck.jpg

We have that, too. I've never actually seen anything with Mickey in it (except the Fantasia segment), just lots and lots of things with Mickey on them.

Just now, dougie said:

I don't mind him.

Your taste level is much lower

It was alright but there's this irritating noise in that score I can't stand. I was into "New Rules" with Goldenthal-esque trumpet and suddenly it's just loud noise giving me tinnitus.

56 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

He's not, he's just not an orchestral composer. So you know he's shit.

I do indeed. Though he is equal or better than Giacchino

19 hours ago, dougie said:

Batman v Superman was pretty good.

It was awful

Anything enjoyable about Wonder Woman is ruined in its third act. Such an interesting idea for a comic book movie to give the message that a war can't be ended by killing one man, just to end with an overwrought CGI battle against a generic supervillian spouting generic villain dialogue and Wonder Woman touting that love will defeat him. Just terrible.

I honestly don't see how it’s better than any comic book movie that came out that year.

3 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Maybe its the sheer overabundance of wink-and-nod Marvel movies, but the earenstness of Wonder Woman was - to me - a joy to behold.

****1/2 out of *****

Its not that special or interesting as an action movie, but it does have heart. And it looks great.

9 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Maybe its the sheer overabundance of wink-and-nod Marvel movies, but the earenstness of Wonder Woman was - to me - a joy to behold.

****1/2 out of *****

It felt too familiar. 

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Its not that special or interesting as an action movie, but it does have heart. And it looks great.

Looks nothing special. The movie played it safe on every level. It's a movie that tries to satisfy everyone and not a very original one.

Wonder Woman was overrated pap. The DC Universe is a disaster and everyone knows it. Sadly, it makes so much money regardless of the extremely poor quality and general trashiness of the movies. I'm hardly a fan of the Christopher Nolan trilogy, but nobody in their right mind prefers these crappy universe movies like Aquaman, Suicide Squad (fuck me this piece of garbage was horrible), Justice League or whatever to that stuff. DC Universe movies target audience seems to be trashy people.

1 minute ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Suicide Squad (fuck me this piece of garbage was bad),

That was their lowest point ever. Luckily James Gunn is going to reboot it.

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

It has unusually good art direction. 

Its in no small part the juxtaposition of the desaturated look of the previous DC entries (and, with Man of Steel, the ill-advised faux-documentary camerawork) with the bold use of colour in Wonder Woman.

Although there's also a technological upshot: using the Arri-65 camera never hurt a film's chances of looking good.

4 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

DC Universe movies target audience seems to be trashy people.

Steef is trashy people? okay ...

5 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Wonder Woman was overrated pap. The DC Universe is a disaster and everyone knows it. Sadly, it makes so much money regardless of the extremely poor quality and general trashiness of the movies. I'm hardly a fan of the Christopher Nolan trilogy, but nobody in their right mind prefers these crappy universe movies like Aquaman, Suicide Squad (fuck me this piece of garbage was horrible), Justice League or whatever to that stuff. DC Universe movies target audience seems to be trashy people.

I just like the Batfleck! He kills indiscriminately!

Batman v Superman is weirdly watchable but still trashy. Mother fuckers getting shot in the head and blown away by terrorist bombs, Batman and Superman brutally and senselessly trying to kill each other and completely out of character all for the sake of a novelty fight, that stupid monster, the annoying long haired ninny. Basically everything except Alfred.

2 hours ago, John said:

Anything enjoyable about Wonder Woman is ruined in its third act. Such an interesting idea for a comic book movie to give the message that a war can't be ended by killing one man, just to end with an overwrought CGI battle against a generic supervillian spouting generic villain dialogue and Wonder Woman touting that love will defeat him. Just terrible.

I honestly don't see how it’s better than any comic book movie that came out that year.

This sums it up nicely. 

Also, Robin Wright was fucking awful in it.