The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

51 minutes ago, Arpy said:

From what I've seen of those shows, it at least captures of the spirit of heroism that none of the DC films have achieved. 

They succeed on that front, but it became a chore to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Portman revealed that she’s excited to wield the hammer and she was coaxed into returning by Ragnarok director Taika Waititi, who came to her with the idea for the fourth film with Jane Foster taking on the mantle of Thor. Despite seemingly being finished with the franchise after the fallout from Thor: The Dark World, she found the idea “very exciting,” and noted she also signed on for the opportunity to work with Waititi & Tessa Thompson and reunite with Chris Hemsworth.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1101465-natalie-portman-excited-to-return-to-the-thor-franchise-in-love-and-thunder

IOW, she likes money

So... Disney has been and will be asking contemporary America and the rest of Earth to revisit 60-to-80-year-old comic book characters in poorly conceived "stories" filled with messy CGI and soliloquies worse than "I don't like sand."

Just now, Jay said:

Oi! You didn't do that condescending "lemmie google that for ya" shit to Alex! Instead you provided a direct link. Show some consistency!

You were presented with the names of two people, and asked a forum who they were, instead of googling those names.

I told Alex about an event he might have never heard of, and he may have thought have made a typo when I did.

Completely different situations.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

You were presented with the names of two people, and asked a forum who they were, instead of googling those names.

I told Alex about an event he might have never heard of.

Completely different situations.

Pfft! The internet is the death of one-on-one conversation. 

Not a fan of Ragnarok too, and I like Waititi - Hunt for the Wilderpeople is a masterpiece. But the third Thor starts well enough, then goes on a super boring and overly long second act on Sakaar, and ends everything with one of the most tedious climaxes on MCU ever. How come a movie featuring Thor and Hulk has some of the most unmemorable action scenes of the franchise?

I mean, it's a watchable movie and better than the other two Thor movies (specially the horrid second one), but still very dull for me.

I am both a fan of Waititi and Led Zeppelin, and I have to admit I didn't like the needle drops in Ragnarok.

I also don't think Dark World is as bad as people make it out.  It's not great, but I like parts of it.  In general, I like the goofy space/mythos side of the MCU much more than the boring Earth based stuff.  Except for Doctor Strange which of course is both goofy magic shit *and* Earth based.

We've seen the first three. The werewolf episode was hilarious, just as much for the werewolf stuff as the emotional vampire stuff.  So far each episode has been funnier than the previous.  The pilot was only just OK!

Apparently, after seeing the huge success of Far From Home (which not only surpassed Skyfall to become Sony's biggest movie ever, but also defeated even Disney's own Captain Marvel worldwide), Disney wanted to co-finance the movie, in exchange for the BO to be split 50/50 among they and Sony. Under the new deal, Disney will get 25% of the profits plus retain merchandising rights for the character.

Homecoming and Far from Home director Jon Watts is also expected to return for the third movie:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/jon-watts-in-final-talks-to-return-as-director-of-third-spider-man-homecoming-movie-1202746782/

Can you imagine that, within the space of a few weeks in 2021, we might get Giacchino scores for both Batman and Spider-Man?

Martin Scorsese on Marvel movies: 

“I don’t see them. I tried, you know? But that’s not cinema. Honestly, the closest I can think of them, as well made as they are, with actors doing the best they can under the circumstances, is theme parks. It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional, psychological experiences to another human being.”

Needless to say that Marvel artists and fans are shocked and outraged.

Martin-Scorsese-Hugo.jpg