Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Oh yeah, I was going to post that before! I think the whole menu music is on the iTunes store... If you click "special features" it takes you to a non-functional version of the menu, where it plays the music. Seems to be the initial 'Girion' part of "Girion, Lord of Dale", the 'Bard the Leader' part of "Ironfoot", and the Horn.

The Appendices Credits for Disc 3 is a folk version of The Grey Havens, The House of Durin (on flute), Eowyn's Theme, The Breaking of the Fellowship, Into The West, and The Last Goodbye.

Tauriel - Daughter of the Forest has a bit of unreleased Girion, Lord of Dale (had the aim of Men...).

Dol Guldur- Hill of Sorcery has the music for Bolg and Azog's meetup and Thorin talking to bilbo about being suspicious about the Company having the Arkenstone, and Descending Thirds from the film version of Guardians of the Three.

The Appendices Credits for Part 3 is The Shire Theme, Breaking of the Fellowship, Dain's Theme, Bard the Leader, and Thorin's Theme.

BILBO'S THEME!!!!! might be a synth mockup of an alternate to The Return Journey...

The Appendices Credits for Disc 3 is a folk version of The Grey Havens, The House of Durin (on flute), Eowyn's Theme, The Breaking of the Fellowship, Into The West, and The Last Goodbye.

Tauriel - Daughter of the Forest has a bit of unreleased Girion, Lord of Dale (had the aim of Men...).

Dol Guldur- Hill of Sorcery has the music for Bolg and Azog's meetup and Thorin talking to bilbo about being suspicious about the Company having the Arkenstone, and Descending Thirds from the film version of Guardians of the Three.

The Appendices Credits for Part 3 is The Shire Theme, Breaking of the Fellowship, Dain's Theme, Bard the Leader, and Thorin's Theme.

BILBO'S THEME!!!!! might be a synth mockup of an alternate to The Return Journey...

Where is Bilbo's theme? Tell me everything.

In one of the Appendices on Disc 4 (, I think it is Many Partings or The Clouds Burst, maybe The Last Stage.

In one of the Appendices on Disc 4 (, I think it is Many Partings or The Clouds Burst, maybe The Last Stage.

How much do we hear of it? Baggins, Took, both, all?

Pretty much all of it? plus Gandalf's theme (A section).

Pretty much all of it? plus Gandalf's theme (A section).

How synthy are we talking?

Well, the appendice In The Dungeons of the Necromancer has pretty much all of A Spell of Concealment before Gandalf's theme.

And the Leave Sauron to me bit, plus between this and the Dol Guldur- The Hill of Sorcery appendice we have the organ Mordor theme and Descending Thirds film version with a clean end.

Interesting that the Took part comes first there. Do we think this actually was intended for something in BOTFA? Could it be a presentation or maybe some kind of planned alternate for a scene in AUJ? It would surprise me if Shore considered bringing this back in full after its AUJ treatment. Maybe Doug, Jim or Jay could shed some light on this.

I'm guessing also there was no plan to bring back the Misty Mountains/Company theme.

No way! That's awesome! I had no idea the fan credit version was microedited!

I was suspicious, because the Fellowship theme bit for Leggy, Aragorn, and Gimli taking off after the Uruk-Hai is not in the fan credit bit.

allthough I am curious how water soundeffects always seem to surface in the appendix soundmixes

It's because the Appendice audio is lossy (at least on the DVD)

So, I think it is time for some unused music:

Battle for the Mountain (Microedits Restored)

Notes:

0:40 and 2:53-3:33 might not be accurate, With 0:40 I went with how the appendices have it placed, with 2:53-3:33 I was just going on how BB's video was edited.

No way! That's awesome! I had no idea the fan credit version was microedited!

The full composition is a couple of minutes longer than the edit in the EE fan credits.

... the fuck?