Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Temple Raider

Either some have not seen CRYSTAL SKULL or they're being over dramatic.

I just never cared for Temple of Doom.

I was referring to those who don't include CRYSTAL SKULL in the rankings.

Ah I figured you were saying the opposite and that anybody putting it anywhere other than last was being dramatic.

Fuck the hate, Short Round is a child sidekick done right. When he gets chained to mine, he doesn't wait for Indy, he takes the initiative to free himself then break Indy from the spell. And he can kick ass!

Yeah, I actually enjoy Short Round's presence in TOD. It's Willie who drives me up the walls.

Yeah. Willie's wailing remains the major reason I haven't gone back to TOD. That and the overblown Indian stereotypes.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

So yeah, they get progressively worse. I'm not so emotionally attached to this series, though.

Karol

I can see his point. Man-child Spielberg had an USP that man Spielberg lacks a bit.

Man-child Spielberg's USP was too similar to Lucas's.

The skill per minute ratio difference between the two ultimately made them vastly unalike, though.

Young Spielberg ran circles around any era Lucas.

Short Round, for me, is the most annoying character in cinema history.

jarjar2.jpg

Oh my god is that actually CGI out of the movie? It looks worse than Xbox graphics.

From what I can tell, the image is overexposed and stuff.

But yes.

Yeah. Willie's wailing remains the major reason I haven't gone back to TOD. That and the overblown Indian stereotypes.

To be completely fair, none of the Indiana Jones films are squeaky clean when it comes to racial stereotypes, even my beloved Raiders. But TOD certainly flaunts it a lot more deliberately than the others.

I can see his point. Man-child Spielberg had an USP that man Spielberg lacks a bit.

The skill per minute ratio difference between the two ultimately made them vastly unalike, though.

True. Different strokes.

Temple/Raiders

Crusade

Raiders scene on the Great Movie Ride at Disney World

Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Disney World

Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland

Indiana Jones Diet Coke commercial

Young Indiana Jones with the guy from Suicide Kings who fucked up his face with plastic surgery

Basically anything Indiana Jones

Crystal Skull

Short Round is the greatest sidekick of ALL TIME.

To be completely fair, none of the Indiana Jones films are squeaky clean when it comes to racial stereotypes, even my beloved Raiders. But TOD certainly flaunts it a lot more deliberately than the others.
That's true, but where it's fun in Raiders, I find it excessive in TOD.

I never got the criticism of TOD being racist. Wouldn't Raiders and TLC also be racist against Germans for portraying them as Nazis, or KOTCS for having Russians as Soviets?

Erm no. False analogy.

They're still pretty negative stereotypes, though. And absolutely can be racist.

Says the man with Lucas as an avatar, portrayed as the heroic visionary!

I never got the criticism of TOD being racist. Wouldn't Raiders and TLC also be racist against Germans for portraying them as Nazis, or KOTCS for having Russians as Soviets?

Erm no. False analogy.

They're still pretty negative stereotypes, though. And absolutely can be racist.

Portraying the Wehrmacht as Nazis and the Soviet Armed Forces as... Soviet, is RACIST?

Erm no. False analogy.

Portraying the Wehrmacht as Nazis and the Soviet Armed Forces as... Soviet, is RACIST?

To avoid promoting generalizing negative stereotypes Spielberg should have also shown the wide range of German and Soviet experience. The good German and the good Soviet person/people.

Because e.g. Toht is not at all caricature of a Gestapo officer in a way that would offend any German person, no?

Says the man with Lucas as an avatar, portrayed as the heroic visionary!

I already told you my avatar usage is ironic the other day!

To avoid promoting generalizing negative stereotypes Spielberg should have also shown the wide range of German and Soviet experience. The good German and the good Soviet person/people.

Because e.g. Toht is not at all caricature of a Gestapo officer in a way that would offend any German person, no?

Portraying them in a historical context obviously isn't, but in fiction (as the IJ films are) they could be be taken that way by some. In Raiders and TLC we don't exactly see any good Germans and same with KOTCS, we don't see any good Russian characters. Not to mention both are pretty bad stereotypes that could easily be seen as offensive by some. At least in TOD we see the good Indian people that Indy is helping to balance out the Thuggees.

For the record, I've got some German and Russian in me, and Raiders/TLC/KOTCS don't offend me :lick: