Tomorrowland Main Title Theme

Tractor Factor

Truck Be A Lady

Welcome Back, Walker!

What An Eiffel

World’s Worst Shop Keepers

You Know Nitro!

You’ve Piqued My Pin-trist

Sweet - Two of the titles are actually the same as the ones I made up!! "You Know Nitro!" and "Feeding The Wrong Wolf"

I went through the list and attempted to line up the names with my invented names. Check out my work so far:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t0UuYZLqk_O3eWpS9bvobA6Okj7I4JIl6rVcQoVEcDo/pubhtml

And please let me know if you think I got any wrong, or if you think you know what scene the ones I haven't figured out yet might be for

Is Giacchino like a punching-bag of this forum? There's a reason I don't find the Zimmer threads and say tripe about the composer, and it's because everyone knows he's gonna catch a lot of flak already.

How many times are people gonna say how much they disliked this score or Jurassic World? I'd rather have three competent Giacchino scores than more dredge from RCP.

How many times are people gonna say how much they disliked this score or Jurassic World? I'd rather have three competent Giacchino scores than more dredge from RCP.

It's a discussion forum. People are perfectly entitled to give out there opinions. Even if those are different then your own..

I never said people weren't entitled to their opinions, but why do they feel the need to post the same hatred multiple times in a thread?

Yea, I never understood that either. Why bother even opening a thread for a score you know you don't like and never will?

Is Giacchino like a punching-bag of this forum? There's a reason I don't find the Zimmer threads and say tripe about the composer, and it's because everyone knows he's gonna catch a lot of flak already.

Giacchino is more thoroughly (over-thoroughly if you ask me) praised in the soundtrack community than any of the RCP gang, and he's erroneously been touted as "the next John Williams" in many internet circles.

Giacchino is more thoroughly (over-thoroughly if you ask me) praised in the soundtrack community than any of the RCP gang, and he's erroneously been touted as "the next John Williams" in many internet circles.

Maybe a decade ago. But now? Can't really see all that love. Not here, certainly not on FSM.

Karol

Maybe a decade ago. But now? Can't really see all that love. Not here, certainly not on FSM.

Karol

Ok, that one is more with the general internet movie-going community than the film score community. Nearly every "will John Williams die???" thread on IMDB, Reddit, or other boards has a token "don't worry! We'll still have Giacchino to take up the mantle" comment.

I never said people weren't entitled to their opinions, but why do they feel the need to post the same hatred multiple times in a thread?

Yea, I never understood that either. Why bother even opening a thread for a score you know you don't like and never will?

Why bother posting Doctor Who related news if you don't watch the show?

I gave it a shot and I experienced it in the film. I thought it sucked, to be honest.

The man once had promise. He's composed scores I enjoyed, many years ago. His stuff started to get bland, then it started to just flat-out suck. He's had many opportunities. Star Treks, Jurassic Park, Tomorrowland, Pixars. Each time, I'm just like, what do people see in this guy?

Karol

Ok, that one is more with the general internet movie-going community than the film score community. Nearly every "will John Williams die???" thread on IMDB, Reddit, or other boards has a token "don't worry! We'll still have Giacchino to take up the mantle" comment.

There are some that say just about the same thing, but about Hans Zimmer etc.

I didn't enjoy this at first but have warmed to it immensely. The themes are fabulous, especially the main theme, and I've enjoyed learning them all on melodica. The themes fit together so well and are all developed nicely. It's classic Giacchino, for sure, but the tone and energy are brilliant. It's better to listen to it on the move though...!

It's really a textbook example of a 30-minute album that overstays its welcome by 45 minutes. A lot of it is padding and the promise of tracks like 'Pin-Ultimate Experience' is seldom kept in ensuing cues. Middlebrow at best, but worth keeping for 2 or 3 cues.

No idea. But they are musically soundly constructed pieces (i. e. 08. Pin-Ultimate Experience), which develop the core material quite nicely. Then there are piles of cues that just lay there like an abandoned construction site or are just loud and obnoxious.

• 4 months later...

This is my favorite soundtrack of 2015 after The Force Awakens. I've listened to it upwards of 20 times and I still love every second of it.  I'm pretty new to the forums and I've noticed that there are many vocal Giacchino detractors around here, but his 2015 scores are actually what's finally made me 100% a fan!

I think my favorite track outside the obvious, big thematic statements ("Pin-Ultimate Experience", "What an Eiffel", etc.) is "All-House Assault."  I thought this action music was superior to his action music for Jurassic World actually.  Something about the orchestration of this score I find deeply satisfying.  I'm not a music theory expert so I couldn't possibly put it into words.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's my favorite of his 2015 scores, and the one I most want the unreleased music of. 

Sadly, the movie's status as the 2nd biggest financial bomb of 2015 (after Fantastic Four) makes the chances for a deluxe edition release pretty remote I'd guess?  At least any time soon.

I personally was really into the movie riiiight up until when the heroes actually get to Tomorrowland. The last quarter of the movie was such a mess and, to me, very troubling thematically (in the literary sense, not musical themes), but the music was always fantastic!