Michael Giacchino's Tomorrowland (2015)

Jay

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Sadly, the movie's status as the 2nd biggest financial bomb of 2015 (after Fantastic Four) makes the chances for a deluxe edition release pretty remote I'd guess?  At least any time soon.

I personally was really into the movie riiiight up until when the heroes actually get to Tomorrowland. The last quarter of the movie was such a mess and, to me, very troubling thematically (in the literary sense, not musical themes), but the music was always fantastic!

The movie's alright but the score is great.

And no there's no chance we'll get an expanded score anytime soon (maybe in 20 years).

I'm hoping for a session leak...

This faded from my memory rather quickly along with Jurassic World. I listened to this about 1½ times.

I seem to be in the minority for loving it, but if you like most other Giacchino works it probably deserves another chance from you when you have the time some day

I might have to give Giacchino's 2015 output some time and see if I feel differently toward it now than I did a few months ago.

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

I might have to give Giacchino's 2015 output some time and see if I feel differently toward it now than I did a few months ago.

Forget about all except JURASSIC WORLD

On 25.2.2016 at 6:14 PM, publicist said:

Forget about all except JURASSIC WORLD

That is the one I found most forgettable.

It is the only one - wash you ears - that actually features a long unified cue with a larger musical vision than just to catch a fleeting moment onscreen (the long welcome to the park one) and plays nicely with its Goldsmith/Williams reminiscences, i. e. the jumbly horn call for the dino hunt best featured in the latter part of the suite.

It's a neat 40-minute album and much better than the slapdash and pointless 80's cliché collection of TOMORROWLAND (that movie sucked) and the asthmatic INSIDE OUT (some wonderful inventive moments that failed to come together).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think it's his most consistently compelling OST.  For as much as I love much of his music, most of his OSTs have some flab, parts where my attention drifts.  Tomorrowland I find engaging from start to finish.

Yea its a solid album, and despite that I stil REALLY want the rest of the music (there's a cue for Casey going into the NASA base the second time that's killer!)

Yea, it will be rewarding if you do.  There's also some great unreleased cues with cool choir in the middle of the film

Seconded, this score has real staying power and some of the best themes he has written. Can't wait for a full release... is it possible?

Gia seems like he writes his best stuff for flops which does not add to his reputation.

I think he wrote his 2 best scores - John Carter and Tomorrowland for films no one saw. 

And he wrote kinda below par music for Inside Out and Zootopia which everyone saw.

Tomorrowland is a Giacchino score I can listen to all the way through, like The Incredibles. I hope we get more music from the sessions. 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes, 2M21.

Driving Miss Casey was on the OST as track 11 Just Get in the Car

Heh, I realized that quickly and edited my gaffe out :P 

It definitely seems the OST wasn't missing very many highlights (which is good!)

The missing portion from End Credits is what I was looking forward to and one of the cues I've wanted for a while (Sneaking Out and Arrival at the Field) is a joy to finally have!

I just hope we can get all this some official capacity someday... :(

13 hours ago, Jay said:

So what does everyone think of the complete score?

Canaveral Crackdown is awesome!

It's a completely different version from the one in the movie.