And Geocities! Those were the days!

That could've been an idea for an Indy film:

Indiana Jones and the Lost Geocities

Oh, and let's not forget Netscape!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Google? What's Yahoo? What's Bing?

Glee is an American television series about high school students with a lot of singing. It's how a lot of young stars and starlets you've never seen or known their names got their start.

Imagine if regular everyday conversations went like this. "Oh don't bother telling me what you're talking about, I'll just make an awkward pause in our conversation and Google it".

There's one of two ways to interpret this:

1) They missed the boat.

2) They escaped a sinking ship.

I love her! She has great presence. Her casting almost makes me want to watch this.

What's Google? What's Yahoo? What's Bing?

Glee is an American television series about high school students with a lot of singing. It's how a lot of young stars and starlets you've never seen or known their names got their start.

Imagine if regular everyday conversations went like this. "Oh don't bother telling me what you're talking about, I'll just make an awkward pause in our conversation and Google it".
But that's the twist. Anyone who posts a comment or question on this forum is sitting at a computer or holding a smartphone or tablet with the jewels of the Internet available through a search engine. There's no need to ask simple questions, yet if someone does, there's nothing stopping us from teasing.

I think Stefan genuinely doesn't realize he's a troll, and thinks he's being funny when he does stuff like that

There's one of two ways to interpret this:

1) They missed the boat.

2) They escaped a sinking ship.

This ship can't sink!

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't really make sense to have the sense of wonder around Superman arriving in present day if they've had Wonder Woman flying around since the 20's

I think some people are reading too much into Tsujihara's "DC is edgier" statement.

Heck, Kenneth Branagh mentioned that his Cinderella movie having "a level of reality and psychological truth" within the movie's framework, but the movie isn't dark and broody.

DC superheroes are more steeped in realism than Marvel?

Seriously?

So Batman has no special powers. OK. He still exists and hasn't been apprehended by the cops or military. That's unrealistic.

Superman is an alien. The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman are... Realistic?

DC can't promote their product as being radically different from Marvel when they're all cut from the same cloth. They just need to try and sell a good product. Because they clearly know they're behind the eight ball for any film series not starring Batman.

Semantics. "The worlds are very different and steeped in realism."

The characters live in the world, so they're a part of it.

Again, MOS' story needs Kryptonian aliens and robot suits. That's unrealistic.

For every crazy Marvel idea, DC has something just as dumb.

I will say this, the recent DC movies are very drab, depressing, dark places where nobody smiles or cracks a joke. If that's the edgier realism you desire, you might be sitting on a stick.

Without saying one is better than the other, he does have a point. The movie worlds of Marvel and DC are very different. He sees DC as "edgier", which is one way of putting it. For instance, TDK almost feels like a Michael Mann crime movie. And Batman or an humanoid alien on Earth is still more realistic than Hulk or Asgard.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Marvel movies are certainly funnier but cracking jokes to the audience while fighting monsters and foes feels less real.

The DC boss has a point!

Alex