The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

Exactly. I'd rather have him do something else for his next movie. I like his work! 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there was only a small budget? Maybe they still have to animate the sets? Even then, look at how close the camera is to the characters. There's simply no room for anything else.  It feels like TV from the old days. This is Snyder's last job for DC, right?

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Maybe there was only a small budget? Maybe they still have to animate the sets? Even then, look at how close the camera is to the characters. There's simply no room for anything else.  It feels like TV from the old days. This is Snyder's last job for DC, right?

I just checked IMDB and Larry Fong isnt the guy shooting this, and I guess that's the problem.

I wonder if we overestimated Snyder and the real visual genius was Fong instead. Batman v Superman looked a lot better than Man Of Steel because Fong shot that one.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I just checked IMDB and Larry Fong isnt the guy shooting this, and I guess that's the problem.

I wonder if we overestimated Snyder and the real visual genius was Fong instead. Batman v Superman looked a lot better than Man Of Steel because Fong shot that one.

Yep, I suspected Larry Fong was the real genius behind Snyder for some time now. Then again, if he's not working for Snyder, you hardly recognize that it's Fong. In fact, you don't recognize Fong at all. Very strange ... Maybe Snyder thought it was time for something else? In any case, for now, JL doesn't look very appealing.

Alex

Snyder does realise he's shooting a MOVIE, right? This looks like made-for-TV schlock. Every actor is clearly standing in front of green screens, the close-ups are WAY too close with no breathing room in the framing, and every shot is composed with such short lenses that everything except the actors is out of focus. Makes it damn hard to get immersed in the world of your movie when the cinematography is as flat and generic as this. And yes, it really just makes whatever "sets" they had feel low-budget and fake, because they're obviously hiding all the digital enhancement with short depth of field.

Snyder has zero comprehension of building cinematic geography these days. What the hell happened to the moderately competent director who made Dawn of the Dead? He seems to have abandoned all substance in favor of CGI-enhanced style.

Yeah, I forgot, there needs to be a permanent layer of dark, brooding clouds in every shot... and endless desaturation! There can be no life in these films, only dour, depressing misery!

Zach Snyder's really showing up John Williams and Danny Elfman for the hacks that they were!

Superhero movies aren't meant to be fun or enjoyable! You're meant to walk out of these films feeling miserable!

You know what they should do? Justice League vs Xenomorphs! Co-directed by Scott and Snyder!

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Huh, I see they're pretending Superman's dead still

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll reveal his return in the final trailer.

Except even when Ridley Scott makes a terrible movie, it's a goddamn BEAUTIFUL LOOKING terrible movie.

This is cinematic geography, Zach Snyder style:

ZYkSsVy.gif

After all, why should an audience need to understand what the fuck is going on? Snyder's a revolutionary! Big Pharma will be overjoyed, with headache tablet sales set to skyrocket the week of release.

To be fair to Snyder, though, the way trailers are cut these days doesn't help making anything appear clearer. In context, this moment is probably a bit easier to follow. How much easier? Now that's a good question...

24 minutes ago, crumbs said:

This is cinematic geography, Zach Snyder style:

ZYkSsVy.gif

First they complained about the Snyder's usage of slow-mo scenes and now it's too fast??! Jees!

Snyder's visual approach with BVS was confusing, much like the rest of the film. It went from realistic and boring or stylish to a kind of "living comic book" which Snyder seemed best suited for, then back to realistic and boring or stylish. This looks too "realistic" aside from the CGI. Did any of that make sense?