The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

29 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

I thought it had great clarity. I just didn't like the monster act.

It looks even better in the cinema. Fong clearly shot it for the big screen. Some of the macro-like shots don't play as well on tv

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It looks even better in the cinema. Fong clearly shot it for the big screen. Some of the macro-like shots don't play as well on tv

Maybe in Dutch theatres but not in Belgium. Nothing looks good here in theatres.

No idea. It finally looked sorta 'good' again when everything was changed to digital projection but now the latest thing is 'Lazer' and once again the colors, contrast and definition are gone. Nobody complains as long as the seats are comfortable and if they have candy. People don't have a clue about sound or image quality.

Watchmen made perfect visual sense from start to finish, and really all of his other movies too.  He's certainly capable, but these DC movies aren't an accurate representation of his stylistic eye, in my opinion.

In a series that has thus far been plot-driven and imagery-driven to a fault, I'm excited to see Whedon hopefully spend some time on a character-driven story, and to bring some joy into that dang world for gosh sakes.

58 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I wonder if that means they really did boss him around when he was shooting Age Of Ultron?

Could be. DC says they give more freedom to the director.

While Marvel is obviously a factory that rewards creativity by destroying it!

"We love what you did for the Winter Soldier, Russo Brothers. Here is the contract for three more films....and some new guidelines we want you to look at."

I'm sure they were happy to make compromises to become literally millionaires several times over

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

"We love what you did for the Winter Soldier, Russo Brothers. Here is the contract for three more films....and some new guidelines we want you to look at."

Marvel's Guidelines For Directors

1. Don't make 'm too good otherwise people will become demanding.

11 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Marvel's Guidelines For Directors

1. Don't make 'm too good otherwise people will become demanding.

2. Make sure your film sets up the next four MCU films; Prioritize this over making your own film stand on its own!

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

2. Make sure your film sets up the next four MCU films; Prioritize this over making your own film stand on its own!

Thats my beef with the MCU now. They used to just have a few references and a post credits scene.

Civil War felt like a teaser for Avengers 3 man.

WB must've promised Whedon creative freedom on Batgirl and a hefty paycheck in order to get him on board. Why would he endure more creative meddling like he did on Age of Ultron?

11 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Yes. I'm sure that's why the directors of The Flash and Batman left. Too much freedom!

Well, every once in a while you can recognize Snyder in his DC movies (especially in BvS), so they are not completely lying about it. 

3 hours ago, Matt C said:

WB must've promised Whedon creative freedom on Batgirl and a hefty paycheck in order to get him on board. Why would he endure more creative meddling like he did on Age of Ultron?

Exactly! I would wanna leave Marvel too if I had made Age Of Ultron.

It would be neat to get a crazy stylized Batman film. There were brief glimpses of that in Batman v Superman. Remember that awesome scene where he's trying to lure the stupid monster and using that grapple gun? Kinda like that, only the entire movie. I mean, visually, it was still a breath of fresh air after those boring Christopher Nolan movies, but Snyder has it in him to go all out.

Funny, yesterday I watched a youtube video made by a Nolan apostle and even he said Batman Begins was his favorite, which is strange because the Nolan religion only started with The Dark Night, or when Nolan had cart blanche. I guess he doesn't want to be a standard Nolanite. 

Alexandre