The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan is boring and his Christian Bale Bruce Wayne/Batman was more boring than Algebra 2. Even Bale didn't like it and who could blame him? Val Kilmer was a huge disappointment, but all other Batmen were more entertaining. Keaton was quirky as Bruce Wayne but had that crazy Norman Bates/Ted Bundy edge to him. He truly was the Bat. West and Clooney were goofy and lovable and Clooney had some really good Bruce Wayne scenes amid the comedy. Batfleck didn't have ideal material to work with, but he had passion. Bale = Zzzzzzzz....

• 2 weeks later...

They just hired him so they'd finally get the humor right in their universe!

"Please, teach us how to do humor! Make funny movies, and we'll give you everything you want: money, hookers, cocaïne... You name it!"

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say he's a "top 5" DC superhero, due to his current running TV show probably, but to think that anyone besides Batman cracks that overall top 5 in the US right now (with Marvel's lineup being so huge) would be incorrect.

58 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

For most people, The Flash was a source of inspiration for George Lucas' Star Wars.

The MF was based on The Flash?

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Yes, The Flash, and Gordon Ramsay.

Then wouldn't it be about Darth Vader in the Death Star cafeteria ordering food and being told he needs a tray and being mistaken for "Jeff Vader"?

23 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

People say Wonder Woman is the best DC movie since TDK.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-reactions-for-wonder-woman-are-spectacular-1795356828

Good. I prefer the DCU (to the extent I prefer either of these sorta stupid universes) and I hope WW is a bonafide hit for them. Marvel has gotten too cocky.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Whedon will save DC, Alex! He will show them the way. They will join him into the sun!

JL will always be a Snyder film. It's him the public will blame. It will be a film impossible to save. The problem is, DC needs to be saved right now. Wonder Woman will do that. Meanwhile Whedon can make his movie which will make DC stronger again.

Stop the ensemble superhero movie!

Well Whedon's only directing a few scenes apparently, so I doubt he'll make a huge impact. Still he's a real pro to do in the first place. 

Hopefully the Snyders feel better. Condolences to them and their family. 

It was a good track, but it started to fall apart near the end. I'm worried that the rest of the score will be just the RC sound with a good track here or there, not that I'm expecting great or even all that good music from the DC universe. Fingers crossed!

I typically like Zimmer, and I consider it maybe the "best part" of the Batman v Superman score, but man was it jarring hearing it against the somewhat more restrained-looking trailer for WW.