The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

What you call "revisionist history" could just be something seeming cool in the mid 1990s and aging poorly.

i thought it was just OK at the time, and remained just OK the last time I watched it - which admittedly was some years ago.  The score is great though. 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like at the time that Batman was a different guy and that he traded in his car. However, I still enjoyed it and accepted it as a reboot similar to the James Bond series of films

Batman Forever is not a good movie, but it has one hell of a score, stunning cinematography (the colours really pop) and I know this is not a very popular opinion, but Val Kilmer might be my favorite Bruce Wayne/Batman of them all. At this time, I'm sure he would've shined in a better movie

Nicole Kidman was extremely hot in the movie, but let's not forget Drew Barrymore in her best era:

latest?cb=20140828182713

Schumacher, like Burton, understood that these superheroes and villains would surround themselves with hotties.

Shazam begins filming in Toronto February-May 2018

http://www.whatsfilming.ca/upcoming-toronto-ontario/

On 9/17/2017 at 9:07 AM, Evil-Lyn said:

Looks like typical 90s Drew.

She was sexier in Ever After.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for medieval garb and brunettes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it looks like dogshit!

Oh no, more indistinguishable CGI bug villians, because that worked so well for Attack of the Clones and Avengers, didn't it? 

For me, and given criticism from several reviews I read at the time, was that the Shitauri and the dumb action were the weakest parts of that film.

Personally, I can enjoy some of the witty banter between the Avengers, but the whole film just left me feeling like team-up films are a detriment to the superhero genre. Audiences will sell their souls to see them, but for someone who enjoyed the characters when they were separate and special, The Avengers and Justice League are disappointing.

People like being entertained, hence why these superhero films tend to do really well, especially The Avengers. I really happen to enjoy them myself, I just love seeing some of my favorite characters in live-action too. 

Also I thought that trailer was fine. Aquaman was great in it anyway.

Compared to the previous JL trailers, it was an improvement, but I don't expect every member to see that. After all, we all have are distinctive specialties.

Eh I wouldn't say that was a huge improvement over other JL trailers, maybe the characters seem like they're having a little more fun and its a little less dark and murky

Didn't realize they were doing an alien invasion plot, they really are just aping Marvel in all regards aren't they

I don't see how an alien invasion plot is "aping" Marvel. There are only so many stories you can tell in comic book movies.  Wasn't Man of Steel basically an alien invasion movie?

I'm sure DC comics has their own alien invasion storylines without copying Marvel.  

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Eh I wouldn't say that was a huge improvement over other JL trailers, maybe the characters seem like they're having a little more fun and its a little less dark and murky

Who said "huge"? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...