The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course!

It's only the posters and trailers that are leaving out Superman, anyone who talks about it mentions him

It is extremely idiotic. And it kinda screws over the actor playing him - Henry Cavill.

Even though he clearly is a big part of the movie, he does not get to have the publicity boost that will help everyone else's career and visibility. Just because someone in marketing came up with a stupid idea.

21 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Someone needs to reign in these unnecessary three-hour monstrosities.

Nothing about Justice League screams 2.5 or 3-hour epic. Snyder told reporters at last year's set visit that the film would be shorter than Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, and it feels pretty straightforward. 

And the shorter runtime means that Elfman's score will be released nearly complete on the OST.

12 hours ago, Matt C said:

"Justice League" runtime is 121 minutes long

Might as well keep it short and sweet.

What a wonderful surprise. These atrocious Hollywood blockbuster three hour films are a malignant cancer and need to stop.

Good to see that this film is atleast avoiding one of the cardinal sins of film-making though it may (and likely will) commit other trespasses.

11 hours ago, Woj said:

Why can't the Justice League fight the Republicans? 

Lol. Well the Justice League is made of superheroes, not Warren Woman, Schumerash, Bernorg, Rodman and Obaman.

16 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

What a wonderful surprise. These atrocious Hollywood blockbuster three hour films are a malignant cancer and need to stop.

Some Snyder fanboys are bitching about how short it is and how they're looking forward to his extended cut.

You can't make anybody happy, even though Snyder himself confirmed last year the film would be shorter than his two previous DCEU outings.

I have no problem with longer movies.  I'd rather see a movie that is long enough for the story it's trying to tell - whether that's 1 hr 20 minutes, or 3 hrs +.   For all of its flaws, I don't think length was "Batman v Superman"'s problem.  Snyder had a lot of pieces he was moving into place in that movie.

So Justice League is a 2 hr movie.  That's fine.  Hopefully it won't rush through stuff I feel is important - introducing Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg and making them seem worthwhile as characters in the movie, and not just there for specific action gags (every trailer shot of Aquaman, I'm looking at you).

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Wizard Of Oz had flying monkeys. A classic film, Alex.

No need to remake it again! Do they still fascinate you, steef? The flying monkeys, that is? I was already bored with them in The Avengers.

9 minutes ago, mstrox said:

For all of its flaws, I don't think length was "Batman v Superman"'s problem.  Snyder had a lot of pieces he was moving into place in that movie.

For all its bloated length, it is a film that still set up the larger DC universe through email attachments. Yeah, I don't know if the runtime of BvS was judiciously used or warranted in any shape or form.

Yeah, I don't think that particularly worked very well.

However, that was maybe 90 seconds of the movie.  I wouldn't call it a time waste, just dumb (dumb is my big complaint w/ that movie)

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

So lighter tone, tight running time? This is looking good.

It's actually a tad shorter than 121 minutes, more like a minute shorter.