The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

They're phoney representations, shadows of what they really are. Unlike the MCU, DC has had to try and jumpstart this league going on nothing more than two misses and a hit MoS, BvS and Wonder Woman. Rocky foundations to work with.

I wonder how much of WW's success and word of mouth was down to the film having a strong female aspect and how much is down to it being a strong Superhero film?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Maybe, maybe not. But American audiences lacking interest in an ensemble of American icons is not good.

It depends on who is ensembling it. Captain America: Civil War aka The Avengers 2 1/2 made more than a billion dollars, so you got nothing to worry about, Drax.

People like what Disney tells them to like, Steef. Who knows, maybe it won't be long before the mouse buys DC. And when that happens, people will party so hard that the Earth's axis will shift.

22 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It depends on who is ensembling it. Captain America: Civil War aka The Avengers 2 1/2 made more than a billion dollars, so you got nothing to worry about, Drax.

That was 2015 and 2016. Feels like decades ago.

JLA has Batman, Superman, Wonder Bra and The Flash. Everyone knows them.

Avengers 2 and Civil War have a team of nobodies. And yet they dominated.

Don't worry, Drax! It's only 5 more months before The Avengers: Infinity War will be hitting the theatres. You don't won't Disney to release them every six months, do you?

I was watching a show on Discovery channel about men of the frontier in Alaska who shoot wolves to defend their cattle, and I was like... that's how I want to live. To get out of this rat race and just live off the land.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an idea of how badly Justice League is doing:

After its third weekend in American theaters, it still hasn't even gotten to the first Avengers' opening weekend gross.

Pretty bad.  Prett-ay prett-ay bad.

I laugh at Facebook comments that insist these are great returns for the movie. They have no concept of the relation of large numbers. To the layman, $93 million on its own is a huge figure, perhaps because of their awareness that they'll never see that amount in their own bank accounts. But that figure's context, its relation to other figures (like Wonder Woman or Man of Steel's figures), and what it all means to a movie franchise's future in its present form is completely lost on them.

When they hear a film like this "only made x amount", their kneejerk reaction is "but that's a lot of money!" And try explaining the intricacies of the industry and the need for revenue to hit y amount, they don't understand. Maybe they don't need to understand, but they do their own damage by spreading a lot of false info.