The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

What's this I hear about Jake Gyllenhaal following up Ben Affleck as Batman? Or even Don Draper saying he would love to be Matt Reeves' Batman?!

What's going on here?!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

What's this I hear about Jake Gyllenhaal following up Ben Affleck as Batman? Or even Don Draper saying he would love to be Matt Reeves' Batman?!

What's going on here?!

It is extremely unlikely that Affleck will return. There has been lot of talk that he is done.

Gyllenhaal and Hamm are two people in the past who showed interest in the part. So fans are just speculating about them.

6 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

What's going on here?!

Affleck is done with the role apparently. He's played Batman in 3 films now and they all got panned by critics. 

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

Jon Hamm will be better!

He'll make for a classic Bruce Wayne, that's for sure.

I can't picture Gyllenhaal as Batman though, and Hamm will always be Don Draper to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Christopher McQuarrie being courted to direct 'Green Lantern Corps'

That could be promising if he does sign on. I just hope he doesn't bring Cruise on board...

I hope he DOES bring Kraemer on board!

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

I hope he DOES bring Kraemer on board!

Kraemer doing a superhero score would be amazing. I just hope he and McQuarrie collaborate again after Fallout.

Although if Cruise does come on board, GLC would be greenlit immediately.

• 1 month later...

As long as they make more Wonder Woman movies, I'm pretty good at ignoring everything else they make.

Although I'm more than open to non-Snyder takes on Superman and Batman, of course.

Every non-Snyder DC movie has at least been fun.  Even Suckicide Squid.  I look forward to more Wonder Woman, and I'll give Aquaman, Shazam, all the weird Joker and Batman spin-offs a chance for sure.

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Every non-Snyder DC movie has at least been fun.  Even Suckicide Squid. 

Now I know why mstrox and I never cross paths.

I like Snyder.  The only Snyder movies I don't like are 300 and Sucker Punch.  A couple of them (Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen) are great.  MoS and BvS are OK.  They weren't "fun" though.  I'm also not particularly a comic book fan (although when I do read comics, I tend toward simple/fun stuff rather than dark stuff, complex stuff, event stuff).

Suicide Squid reminded me a lot of a 90s-era superhero movie or Michael Bay movie, right down to being awful.  But there was a fun sort of nostalgic feeling to it.  I wouldn't watch it again, but I wouldn't watch 95% of the movies I see again.

BvS was messy but had its cool elements. The follow-ups have been totally forgettable and downright awful in the case of Suicide Squad. It's like someone behind the scenes is sabotaging the DC movies. There was such potential for Batfleck after BvS and look how he was squandered in Justice League. What a disappointment this series turned out to be.

14 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Snyder's films are hated by comic book "fans".

Are you sure it is not the film fans that hate it?

Karol

BvS had flair. The other ones were horribly stylized like Suicide Squad and Justice League. JL looks like a bad Netflix show. I liked the look of BvS mostly. It was a nice blend of realism and funny book-ness. It also had some really well-done fight scenes, while the others delivered standard CGI messes. Even the apparently beloved WW had a stupid CGI ending with an awful villain.

SS had the worst version of a beloved iconic character maybe ever. It's like the people in charge want to make DC fail miserably.

Back to BvS, it feels like Snyder and co. had a vision for it and it mostly comes together despite excessive length, so many characters being introduced and it feeling like a later entry in an ongoing series. Batman storyline is cool and I even liked a lot of the Superman stuff. It was different. I guess it was better to hint at characters like Robin and The Joker, because WB and DC will just ruin them if they're actually featured.