The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Wonder Woman's final battle is its weakest part for sure.  I think people (and me) responded to the performances of Gadot and Pine more than anything.  Plus that badass no man's land scene.

This!

8 minutes ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

It's not clear. 

Yes, it is. If her skin was invulnerable to bullets then 1) They would have shown this already. 2) There would be no need to ricochet them with her bracelets.

55 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Wonder Woman's final battle is its weakest part for sure.  I think people (and me) responded to the performances of Gadot and Pine more than anything.  Plus that badass no man's land scene.

I agree with Disco Stu. 

I probably wouldn’t bother with the sequel though. I got enough from the first one. Don’t need to revisit any more of it. 

Just now, Bilbo said:

I agree with Disco Stu. 

I probably wouldn’t bother with the sequel though. I got enough from the first one. Don’t need to revisit any more of it. 

I'm curious to see what changes with the sequel as the word is that director Patty Jenkins is being given greater creative freedom to make the movie she wants.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I'm curious to see what changes with the sequel as the word is that director Patty Jenkins is being given greater creative freedom to make the movie she wants.

I find I enjoy well done origin stories of superheroes and get bored with them after that. The lack of Pine is something that will need to be addressed because he was a large part of the charm of the movie. Gadot will also need to do more than just furrow her brow and look confused all the time in the next one.

I shall see how people react to the sequel before deciding to see it or not. 

The biggest problem with the Wonder Woman sequel will be the world they've set up where after the events of the first movie, she didn't help out humanity again until the events of BvS.  Unless WW2 is set after Justice League, but I thought I read it was going to be another "set in the past" movie.

• 1 month later...

I thought MoS, BvS, and SS were okay but not great, and Wonder Woman was really great until the last act where it dropped down to just OK as well.  Haven't seen Justlice League yet, but I don't have a lot of confidence in what DC is putting out if they're just doubling down on stuff from those earlier middling movies.

I didn't even see what I did there, but I like it too!

I do intentionally typo Suicide Squad as "Suicide Squid" though, and probably have in this very thread.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

... and Wonder Woman was really great  ...

... at being extremely mediocre and conventional. 

5 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

Good lookin' Israel sheila.

Yes, but was she really sexy under the direction of Patty Jenkins? 

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

While I kind of mostly agree, you have to admit her run across no man's land was one of the coolest sequences of any recent action movie!  Patty Jenkins is obviously no George Miller, but that part was very visually effective.

I don't even remember that!

Nah - Sofia Coppola is Catholic (at least by lineage), Kiera Knightley is atheist, and Rose Byrne is agnostic.  I don't know anything about the other smaller names.  But, it was more fun to call them WASPs!