The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

On 6/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, mstrox said:

I don't really see the resemblance.  Some of the WASPs that Lucas cast as her handmaidens were much closer.

Like Keira Knightley.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

With the idea that there are like three concurrent Joker movies going on at once, some with different actors, I'm moderately hyped to see how the DC Universe will turn out.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

With the idea that there are like three concurrent Joker movies going on at once, some with different actors, I'm moderately hyped to see how the DC Universe will turn out.

Plus that Spielberg movie.  Honestly, it appears they've decided to just shed the whole cinematic universe thing for now and see if they can't just make some good movies.  I'm fer it.

Yeah, I really have no preference about Cinematic Universe vs. non-.  I prefer movies to be good, so hopefully shattering the shared universe will make that happen.

Just now, mstrox said:

Yeah, I really have no preference about Cinematic Universe vs. non-.  I prefer movies to be good, so hopefully shattering the shared universe will make that happen.

I think it was pretty clear that Justice League was the end of the road for that particular attempt at a cinematic universe.  I'm most excited about the prospect of the Spielberg movie, but the Batman from the Apes director could be good too.  Joker movies don't excite me, they might turn out good but I'm not anticipating them at all.

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Plus that Spielberg movie.  Honestly, it appears they've decided to just shed the whole cinematic universe thing for now and see if they can't just make some good movies.  I'm fer it.

Agreed. Get some good directors who are going to put their own make on the material. Make each film visually and thematically distinctive.

I'm fine with all of them existing in the same "universe"...but don't try to do it to the extent that Marvel has...you can't replicate that, as both DC and the failed "Monster" Universe have proven. Even Star Wars is struggling to do it right. But a kind of loose universe with less need to make everything connect, could work.

Oh god, Aquaman looks horrendous! At least Amber Heard isn't putting on that act she had in Justice League as the Queen of the Sea or whatever...

Hopefully Wan can use the charisma of Momoa and bring his style to the forefront - the trailer hasn't really inspired me.

aquaman_mera.jpg

aquaman-actress-amber-heard-posts-behind-the-scene-look-from-aquaman-750-1499512738-1_crop.jpg

On 7/23/2018 at 9:25 PM, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

To think the Godzilla/Kong universe might end up achieving better results than DC.

Aquaman looks like DC is completely spineless but Shazam might be a surprise hit. 

8 hours ago, mstrox said:

I like James Wan, so despite the awful trailer I'm still hopeful.

Shazam looks like a lot of fun.

Shazam does look like fun. Zachary Levi looks different though, he looks plastic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Will she enter an "elseworld" or something?

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even go that far. Kind of like Michael Gough in the Batman films. It looks like they're mostly doing damage control. "People like Wonder Woman, if we get rid of her any scrap of goodwill we have is doomed!" 

I liked Cavill as Superman. 

8 hours ago, John said:

The final nail in the DCEU’s coffin. 

I think Justice League was. This is a failed franchise, no one can argue that.

And honestly Cavill has no reason to stick around. Just do Gal movies and dump everything else.

They're making a Joker movie set outside the universe of Man of Steel / BvS / Suicide Squad  /Wonder Woman / Justice League?

Why?

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

They're making a Joker movie set outside the universe of Man of Steel / BvS / Suicide Squad  /Wonder Woman / Justice League?

Why?

After BvS and JL, they seemingly are abandoning their shared universe and doing a “throw things at the wall and see what sticks” method.

Theyre also dumping Affleck and Cavill, apparently, but still going on with WW2, Aquaman, and Flash - and at least one continuation of Suicide Squad, maybe more (rumors of straight sequels, Harley Quinn centric movies, etc)

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

After BvS and JL, they seemingly are abandoning their shared universe and doing a “throw things at the wall and see what sticks” method.

Dumb.