The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've never found Affleck's casting to be a problem, he was just doomed to be in shitty Snyder films.

I think Anson Mount should play Batman, as I think he'd also make a good Bruce Wayne too. 

images (75).jpeg

images (76).jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It explains why they are so successful. 

Right.  

17 minutes ago, dougie said:

The DC movies were better when they were dark and disturbing.

Man of Steel crap Batman vs Superman crap Justice League mostly crap except for the Flash & WW. Suicide Squad crap except for Will Smith

Heh, that looks amusing.  Not gonna see it in theaters, but I'll watch it at home with friends and beer

It has a fun quality. I'll pay $6.25 to see it in the theatre. The "real" Captain Marvel?

4 hours ago, dougie said:

The DC movies were better when they were dark and disturbing.

I don't think Batman was ever darker or more disturbing than when he carried around whale repellant and fought exploding sharks.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not sure what I was expecting from Wallfisch but it definitely wasn’t this!

Most of the film's score is like that. There's a bit of IT/Annabelle Creation dissonance in the scarier scenes of the film, but Shazam! has a playful Williams/Doyle sound overall.

The film is enjoyable too.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:00 PM, Alex said:

Not sure what I was expecting from Wallfisch but it definitely wasn’t this!

Wtf is this... a superhero movie with music that sounds like it belongs in a superhero movie? I don't understand. 

On 3/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, Alex said:

Is it just me or is the mixing on this absolute garbage?

4 minutes ago, dougie said:

The joke of this movie is at some point, everyone thought his name was pronounced "Joke-win".

giphy.gif

I want to trust Joaquin to do the right thing, but these funny book movies have taken a turn for the worst. Will it be like Venom? A crappy trashy movie trying to be edgy and cool with goo and a motorcycle like it was made in 2002 based on a video game with a respected actor giving a weird and ultimately terrible embarrassing performance, all while guys in suits track the Joker on big screens in a dark mission control room?

Just now, dougie said:

Will Batman be the villain in this?

That would be cool, so I doubt it'll happen. Definitely won't be Affleck, right? Is he still doing Batman stuff?

I'm not sure I have much faith in the guy who directed The Hangover III & Due Date to make a good movie in this universe. 

Beat me to it!

Looking forward to Phoenix’s performance, but I’m not quite sure what to make of the trailer. 

Leaf is just acting autistic, which Hollyweird loves right now. The ironic usage of old-fashioned music makes it suddenly look like a pretentious artsy fartsy flick. One thing to remember here is that he's in his mid-40s and looks even older and he's apparently walking around the streets as a weird clown before he even becomes Joker...huh.

It looks intriguing enough, but the dialogue, the use of the song...everything just seems so obvious for this sort of approach

Yeah. Maybe just not a very good preview, but I'm still expecting a Venom-esque POS at this point.

If you were to cut together a preview for a Joker movie using clips of Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier and The Joker from Batman (1989), it would look incredible. This is just odd. A 45 year old man talking about his Mom and walking around dressed like a weird clown. And this one isn't the Tim Burton movie.

I think it looks good too. Better than expected, anyways. 

Shame we don't get to see him with 'Damaged' tattooed on his forehead. But I bet they want to save that for when you see the film.

Stylistically, it looks like an homage to Scorsese’s earlier movies. Definitely getting some Taxi Driver vibes, and De Niro as the TV host is a pretty on-the-nose King of Comedy reference.