The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I wish they'd go back to a more realistic and relatable build like Michael Keaton, Adam West etc. Batman shouldn't look like he spends all day working out.

Working out all day is the reality of today. If everyone looks buffed, Batman can't stay behind. It wouldn't be credible.

8 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I wish they'd go back to a more realistic and relatable build like Michael Keaton, Adam West etc. Batman shouldn't look like he spends all day working out.

I think i hace se en comics of Batman workibg out, specially when he got poder. He has no superppwers afterall

I hope Pattinson is confirmed. He's a wonderful Indie actor. He has given some great performances over the years. My favourite film of his is 'How To Be.' Such a funny and charming film and performance. I think he would be brilliant as Batman.

With Reeves as writer/director, and Pattinson as Batman; I'd love Serkis as a villain and Giacchino as Composer, considering Giacchino has done everything for Reeves. His gothic stuff from Cloverfield and Let Me In for Reeves, and also for Fallen Kingdom shows his potential for Batman.

This screams Batman to me.

And this feels like the tragic nature of Bruce Wayne.

Some elements from this even work for Batman

8 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Didn't realize Pattinson is already 33 years old. Still, wouldn't that make him the youngest Batman ever?

Nope.  Bale was born in 1974 so he was 30 when they filmed Batman Begins in 2004

About Pattinson being cast... I was kinda hostile when I heard the initial rumors about him, but Matt Reeves had to have seen something in him when he did the screen test. And he's co-starring in Christopher Nolan's next movie, so he's not an outlier. Plus the guy has been doing numerous niche indie films during and after he did the Twilight series. His performances in Good Time, The Rover, and High Life were actually good.

And the backlash against his casting is EXACTLY the same that Michael Keaton, Heath Ledger, Gal Gadot, and Ben Affleck got when they were first cast. So I'm actually looking forward to seeing the first trailer.

Pattinson is a tall and skinny guy, they're going to put him on a diet and exercise regime.

He doesn't need to be super buff, but at least toned and look like he can take on several bad guys at once.

3 hours ago, The Original said:

Bane will give him a back problem.

Are you sure? I mean, this is Pattinson, not Bale.

7 hours ago, El Jefe said:

I just want Warner Bros / DC to make good superhero movies. 

They are, that's why they got Patty Jenkins, David F. Sandberg and Matt Reeves now.

6 hours ago, The Original said:

Godzilla kills and never gives a shit!

Does he also kill good guys? Or does the monster make a distinction?

• 2 weeks later...