• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay

DC Cinematic Universe Thread

1972 posts in this topic

Only if all four show the Batfleck killing baddies with impunity!

Funny, yesterday I watched a youtube video made by a Nolan apostle and even he said Batman Begins was his favorite, which is strange because the Nolan religion only started with The Dark Night, or when Nolan had cart blanche. I guess he doesn't want to be a standard Nolanite. 

Alexandre

The Dark Knight Rises is the best for me. It's the closest to a real pulp comic book.

I'm no Nolanite of course.

Yeah from that point on it's like Nolan was doing the Bond film he always seems to want to be making. Complete with the nuke that's flown out at the nick of time

I've liked Nolan since I saw Memento in the theater *shrug*

Nolan is boring and his Christian Bale Bruce Wayne/Batman was more boring than Algebra 2. Even Bale didn't like it and who could blame him? Val Kilmer was a huge disappointment, but all other Batmen were more entertaining. Keaton was quirky as Bruce Wayne but had that crazy Norman Bates/Ted Bundy edge to him. He truly was the Bat. West and Clooney were goofy and lovable and Clooney had some really good Bruce Wayne scenes amid the comedy. Batfleck didn't have ideal material to work with, but he had passion. Bale = Zzzzzzzz....

Wow. He seems to epitomize the average geek of the 2010s. Fat, unattractive, balding, wearing a leather jacket and talking about some Marvel/DC bullshit.

Marvel didn't treat him right. It will be interesting to see if we'll notice a difference now that he's with DC.

They just hired him so they'd finally get the humor right in their universe!

"Please, teach us how to do humor! Make funny movies, and we'll give you everything you want: money, hookers, cocaïne... You name it!"

Because he's got super speed and Sheldon loves him?

That would seem beyond doubt 

I doubt they can contractually obligate him no not do a DC film.

I'd say he's a "top 5" DC superhero, due to his current running TV show probably, but to think that anyone besides Batman cracks that overall top 5 in the US right now (with Marvel's lineup being so huge) would be incorrect.

58 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

For most people, The Flash was a source of inspiration for George Lucas' Star Wars.

The MF was based on The Flash?

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Yes, The Flash, and Gordon Ramsay.

Then wouldn't it be about Darth Vader in the Death Star cafeteria ordering food and being told he needs a tray and being mistaken for "Jeff Vader"?

23 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

People say Wonder Woman is the best DC movie since TDK.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-reactions-for-wonder-woman-are-spectacular-1795356828

Good. I prefer the DCU (to the extent I prefer either of these sorta stupid universes) and I hope WW is a bonafide hit for them. Marvel has gotten too cocky.

WW looks like the lovely Connie Nielsen stepped out of the Gladiator set into this. Intriguing.