The DCU - DC Universe

Jay

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Val Kilmer is a much, much better actor than Affleck, I think.

That's something that really doesn't help these movies. I don't think either Affleck or Cavill are particularly talented actors

12 hours ago, crocodile said:

Non-offensive but hardly charismatic.

There's always something 'plasticy' about Ben, but then again, I guess he's more suited to play Batman then his brother.

8 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

DC fans are saying Whedon has injected JL with cheap, vulgar sexist jokes that aren't funny. 

There might be a reason to see this movie after all!

8 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Because there are some that are?

Dunno. Have you heard the one about Data and the Klingon aphrodisiac?

The movie is a disaster. It's worse even beyond expectation. The dialog is horrible. The screenplay is non-sensical. Aquaman has zero plot function. He could have been written out of the film. The CGI on Superman's face is extremely unsettling and kinda nightmarish. I swear it's as bad as Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy.

Gal Gadot is good. Beyond some Batman theme quotes, the score does not make any impression at all.

This franchise needs to be put out of its mosey. Even basic film-making 101 is poorly handled.

No cinematic universes are getting killed.

It will be like almost every other DCU film...critics will pan it, fans will bitch, and it will go on to make around three-quarters of a billion dollars.

The warnings about this movie were all over the internet and they were loud and clear. And yet you people STILL paid to see it anyway.

That I will never understand about the brains and behaviours of other people. Stupid people...

32 minutes ago, Quintus said:

The warnings about this movie were all over the internet and they were loud and clear. And yet you people STILL paid to see it anyway.

That I will never understand about the brains and behaviours of other people. Stupid people...

Warnings...lol.

Calm down mate, it's just a movie. It's not like people are massively sniffing glue.

I liked 3 of the previous 4 DC films, haven't seen Suicide Squad. 

I see it as a warning alright. A warning to spend my cash elsewhere and make better use of my precious recreational time. For that I am grateful to my faceless online commrades for giving me the heads up AKA fair warning!

Yes, i already told you I'm gonna see this in the cinema.

"The internet" hated MOS, but i enjoyed it. "The internet" hated BvS but I enjoyed it. Why should i give a fuck what "The internet" thinks about Justice League then?

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

"The internet" hated MOS, but i enjoyed it. "The internet" hated BvS but I enjoyed it. Why should i give a fuck what "The internet" thinks about Justice League then?

#metoo

12 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...

3 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Objectively they're kinda crappy but oddly watchable.

This works into my theory about these things. The link between bad blockbusters and the internet as a platform for critique. Savaging movies as a pastime. It all comes back to the ego.

I haven't seen a single one of them in the cinema, and that won't change for this one.

But I've enjoyed them all and I'm probably one of the few people who generally like the look and tone more than the MCU. They're by no means masterpieces, but nor are the Marvel films. They're comic book movies, and I adjust my expectations accordingly.

Actually if you took away Tony Stark, who really is a great character, I  probably wouldn't be interested in the MCU at all. 

12 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I haven't seen a single one of them in the cinema, and that won't change for this one.

Since learning this latest superhero movie comes in at under 2hrs I'll happily try it out on Netflix one day.

8 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

You disappoint me Quintus. I never took you as someone who cares what the internet mob thinks.

I think you've taken me too literally. I'm talking about the apparent pounding this movie has received in the professional reviews, which I've had flagged up to me by Google Chrome on a daily basis all this week, which I access via the internet (on my phone).

Actually, I rarely read reviews and when I do I skim over them (even minor spoilers are my arch enemy - my one concession to the autistic spectrum).

But the rule of thumb about mixed reviews often being worthwhile watches does not apply to this movie, I'll argue. Because by all accounts it is not receiving mixed reviews. The only other possibility then is that Justice League is the next Blade Runner...

For those saying they loved BvS, I am unable to decide whether this is better or worse. In a strange way, if I may say, BvS was a more "epic" film. It was terrible of course but Justice League seems like a "small" film.

Justice League is also terrible because it is a frankensteined film. I had the uncomfortable feeling that I could clearly see which scenes were reshoots, which were cut short. It was like watching a rough cut of a movie. It just felt extremely sloppy.

5 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

So just kill off everyone else and only make Wonder Woman movies with Gal Gadot from now on?

This wouldn't be an unwise course. Flash was a bit okay too. But I think he would be annoying as the lead character.

Sounds like they should have brought on a Synder protégé, or at least someone willing and able to copy his style to finish it.

Wheddon is fine, but I can't think of two directors who take such a different approach to this material. No wonder it's a mess.

I don't understand this raving hatred, what were people expecting, The Godfather of superhero films? If your reaction was anything other than how miserable and shitty it looked by the trailers alone, then you've been woefully mislead!

A lot less heavy handed than the previous 2 Snyder did. Shallow and the plot is a bit of a mess. But the cast is good. 

Affleck's face changed with in some scenes. Looking thin and jaunt in one, then suddeny a bit puffy.

They obviously CGI's Cavill's face in a lot of this.

But hey, i had fun.