Sign in to follow this  
Jay

DC Cinematic Universe Thread

4 minutes ago, dougie said:

Why did they have to go and dig up Jason? Some folks have a strange idea of entertainment.

vlcsnap-2012-02-24-16h32m11s116.png

Mel Gibson is looking good these days

I've never found Affleck's casting to be a problem, he was just doomed to be in shitty Snyder films.

I think Anson Mount should play Batman, as I think he'd also make a good Bruce Wayne too. 

images (75).jpeg

images (76).jpeg

25 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

It explains why they are so successful. 

Right.  

17 minutes ago, dougie said:

The DC movies were better when they were dark and disturbing.

Man of Steel crap Batman vs Superman crap Justice League mostly crap except for the Flash & WW. Suicide Squad crap except for Will Smith

21 minutes ago, Ghostbusters II said:

I don't think Batman was ever darker or more disturbing than when he carried around whale repellant and fought exploding sharks.

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not sure what I was expecting from Wallfisch but it definitely wasn’t this!

Most of the film's score is like that. There's a bit of IT/Annabelle Creation dissonance in the scarier scenes of the film, but Shazam! has a playful Williams/Doyle sound overall.

The film is enjoyable too.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:00 PM, Alex said:

Not sure what I was expecting from Wallfisch but it definitely wasn’t this!

Wtf is this... a superhero movie with music that sounds like it belongs in a superhero movie? I don't understand. 

I want to trust Joaquin to do the right thing, but these funny book movies have taken a turn for the worst. Will it be like Venom? A crappy trashy movie trying to be edgy and cool with goo and a motorcycle like it was made in 2002 based on a video game with a respected actor giving a weird and ultimately terrible embarrassing performance, all while guys in suits track the Joker on big screens in a dark mission control room?

Just now, dougie said:

Will Batman be the villain in this?

That would be cool, so I doubt it'll happen. Definitely won't be Affleck, right? Is he still doing Batman stuff?

I'm not sure I have much faith in the guy who directed The Hangover III & Due Date to make a good movie in this universe. 

Leaf is just acting autistic, which Hollyweird loves right now. The ironic usage of old-fashioned music makes it suddenly look like a pretentious artsy fartsy flick. One thing to remember here is that he's in his mid-40s and looks even older and he's apparently walking around the streets as a weird clown before he even becomes Joker...huh.

Yeah. Maybe just not a very good preview, but I'm still expecting a Venom-esque POS at this point.

If you were to cut together a preview for a Joker movie using clips of Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier and The Joker from Batman (1989), it would look incredible. This is just odd. A 45 year old man talking about his Mom and walking around dressed like a weird clown. And this one isn't the Tim Burton movie.