Jay

DC Cinematic Universe Thread

It's so connected to the movie for me, that I'm not sure if I just love the movie, or love the score independently as well.  Certainly you don't need any more than the original highlights album.  It's a very low-key score, especially for a Burton movie.  Lots of Americana color, some circusy music.  More in line with his late 1990s stuff like A Simple Plan than anything else, although with some nice pleasing melody resolution that doesn't pop up in that score.

Warners has announced a slew of release dates for future DC films, including Matt Reeves' Batman film and James Gunn's Suicide Squad. (Affleck is out as Batman to no one's surprise.)

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Yas! Finally, it's time for Giacchino to enter the DCCU!

Giacchino was always going to be in the mix for a Reeves film.

I'm curious whether he'll pay homage to the composers that came before him or completely clean slate like he did with Spider-Man Homecoming.

Just now, Stefancos said:

Please explain?

Well, I liked how Batman looks in the film. The design and stuff like that. But the performance itself makes absolutely no impression whatsoever.

Karol

19 minutes ago, crocodile said:

But the performance itself makes absolutely no impression whatsoever.

There's simply not that much to work with. He just has to look the part. 

I still think Christopher Reeve is the only actor who somehow transcended all the limitations that go with playing a superhero. He found a way to make it human.