Sign in to follow this  
Jay

DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Stylistically, it looks like an homage to Scorsese’s earlier movies. Definitely getting some Taxi Driver vibes, and De Niro as the TV host is a pretty on-the-nose King of Comedy reference. 

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

But not aesthetically or stylistically, of course.

Maybe for the best. I liked the look of Snyder's BvS, but I wouldnt want other filmmakers to try and copy that. And if it makes DC's output look a but more individualistic, unlike Marvel, then great!

18 hours ago, mstrox said:

Is there anything in the movie that specifically tethers it to that timeline?  Theoretically it could be unassociated, like The Joaquiner

By the final scene it is quite obvious that it does. It's sort of like Fox's X-Men and Deadpool.

Karol

32 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Did he talk politics in spite of the new rules? Or did he leave as to protest the new rules?

Apparently the mods objected to a comment he made in the new Notre Dame thread so he left in a tizzy.

No posts were deleted or altered in any way, no warnings were given whatsoever, sounds like much ado about nothing to me

45 minutes ago, Jay said:

No posts were deleted or altered in any way, no warnings were given whatsoever, sounds like much ado about nothing to me

Its Drax! What do you expect?

Pattinson is an outstanding actor, one of the very best working today without question.

I just am a bit surprised that got him and he even agreed to do it.

This is another one completely out of the left field. Affleck was too. I did not see that coming. And I did not see this one coming.