BloodBoal

I really think that the point of Kirk not realizing that Spock's katra is inside McCoy is that the concept of a Vulcan katra is not well known outside of Vulcan society. Like it's a taboo or something Vulcans don't talk about at parties. Kirk knew Spock most of his life but didn't know about this, while it's very matter of fact to Sarek. Even Starfleet Command, which you would think would have a few Vulcans, isn't in a hurry to send a ship there to recover Spock's body or even download his memories to a computer, because they don't know the concept exists. Which is a shame because it would really make Vulcans nearly immortal.

Yes, well, they had to replay that footage for the benefit of audience members who walked into this movie without having seen or remembering TWOK. Maybe Kirk also needed to see it for himself simply because he knew the longtime rivalry between Spock and the doctor, and couldn't believe that Spock had used him.

It should have been SOP in Starfleet ships. Did you lose a Vulcan? OK, is another crew member acting funny? OK, we'll take it from here.

Saavik partially blamed the destruction of the Grissom on David. They would not have been there if it was not for his arrogance.

Star Trek 3 really highlights the devotion and the sacrifice Kirk and is crew are willing to make for their fallen comrad. Their careers, possibly their lives.

Unlike BB i think the final scene on Vulcan is amazing.

I agree with you btw that Curtis was wooden in the role.

It's a problem not uncommon in actors playing Vulcan parts. Since they are supposed to have no emotions it encourages actors to stare with a faraway gaze and talk in a boring monotone.

Mark Lenard as Sarak really nailed the character though.

I remember thinking this film was crap when I first saw it

It just felt like one long excuse to bring Spock back because Leonard Nimoy decided he wanted to play the character again

It's a damn good, entertaining, and emotional Star Trek film, which doesn't get the respect it deserves, mostly because it is the immediate successor to the best Trek film ever.

It's definitely a good film and Christopher Lloyd as Kruge was one of his best roles that I've seen.

"Up yur shaft!" - Scotty.

Ya there was subtle humor in the film at least towards the beginning before they stole the Enterprise. It's a good successor for Star Trek II.

BB hasn't learned yet that the odd numbered Treks are bad and the even ones are good, until Trek 10 wasn't good and broke the pattern

It's a damn good, entertaining, and emotional Star Trek film, which doesn't get the respect it deserves, mostly because it is the immediate successor to the best Trek film ever.

You got that right and BB is showing the film I'll will. And the odd # films are not all bad. 3, 7, and 9 may not be the best but they are not bad. STTMP is a flawed film but still worthy.

Being the Trekkie I am I like Star Trek TMP thru Nemesis. I'm still on the fence for the J.J. films but are not up to par compared to the originals.

When I say like the other 10 yes I do like them. Even for Star Trek V, for the most part I do like it...it's only when they reach the great barrier is when the film shoots itself in the foot. Everything before the Great Barrier it's a fun film.

A better movie would have been resurrecting Spock with a bolt of lightening, wiping his memory and prompting him to prowl the Enterprise with a knife and murdering all the crew members, finally ending with Kirk having to blow up the ship and thus ending the entire film series at that point.

- In this film, it takes only 5 men to operate the Enterprise. Makes you wonder why they need all this personnel in the other films!

Basically these 5 men are able to fly and steer the Enterprise, that's it.

The Enterprise is an exploration ship. So a large complement of it's crew consists of scientists, researchers and support crew for those divisions. (stellar cartography, astrophysics, engineering).

Submarine movies suck. I was painfully bored during The Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide and U571.

You must be a boring person then.

I never saw U571 but I really like The Hunt For Red October and Crimson Tide.

Nah. I think Saavik just wanted to be a bitch. And she succeeded.

By the way, I just thought of something: where the hell was Carol Marcusin TSFS? Why didn't she stay with David to study Genesis? I mean, wasn't she the co-creator of the Genesis device? Surely she would have been interested in studying the results of her experiments.

The novel adds to the narrative. It has Carol Marcus in it, and it also has Scotty having some sort of a breakdown, and Uhura popping off to the Vulcan Embassy to apply for asylum.

For all its faults, I prefer "III" to "II". It's liike the calm after the storm.

Submarine movies suck. I was painfully bored during The Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide and U571.

You must be a boring person then.

I never saw U571 but I really like The Hunt For Red October and Crimson Tide.

I demand excitement from movies and submarine flicks deliver none.

Today I told the hairstylist I wanted my hair cut like Major Kira's circa season 3 when she's sleeping with Vedek Bareil. She had no idea what I was talking about. What's become of this world?