Star Trek is better than everything

Unlucky Bastard

2 hours ago, John said:

Things I really like:

• Treating “All Good Things…” as a sort of backdoor pilot, giving the new series a grounding in something familiar that feels right.
  • The idea of using Galaxy both in terms of branding (we have Abrams’ Enterprise-A and Discovery’s Enterprise already being used in other productions so let’s avoid that… but Galaxy immediately and non-awkwardly connotes the Enterprise-D of TNG).

Things I’m not sure I would go with:

• The young captain who dies — too like Decker from TMP (but maybe it’s better than rehashing Riker from TNG)
  • Time travel/anomalies/traps — please, would an exploration/contact mission be too much to ask?

43 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Just fan theories.

Remember, folks, fan theories are stupid and annoying, ripe for satire and parody by RLM...but it's okay for them to share fan fiction if they think their ideas are cool enough!

37 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Do you mean fan theories about how the Prequels are actually genius?

They constantly make fun of fans making predictions or theories about upcoming Star Wars sequels, for example (their Nerd Club show).

11 minutes ago, Holko said:

and one day he would just have misplaced it in the foliage and forgotten about it.

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost.

Drax is always saying that the prequels are everything. And this thread is called Star Trek is Better Than Everything. So is Drax trying to tell us that Star Trek is better than the prequels?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that I have watched the three TNG era series in recent memory, it's fun going back to the beginning and watching The Original Series in broadcast order. It's neat seeing how some of the basic terminology and rules evolved as a result of making it all up as they went along. 

One of the worst episodes of DS9 was on last night. Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places. Nothing in this one makes sense. It's like the writers thought they were doing the mirror universe. Just about everyone is totally out of character, especially Worf. I also don't know where that O'Brien/Kira thing came from.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:28 AM, Ghostbusters II said:

One of the worst episodes of DS9 was on last night. Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places. Nothing in this one makes sense. It's like the writers thought they were doing the mirror universe. Just about everyone is totally out of character, especially Worf. I also don't know where that O'Brien/Kira thing came from.

That was fantastic in its cringeworthyness! 

Too bad TNG never explored the Mirror universe. An evil Picard, Troi using her personal pain device to achieve orgasm. Data wearing an eye patch

• 1 month later...