BloodBoal

Which is rather ridiculous. He should get it for Godzilla, or really any other of his scores this year besides the one he'll be nominated for. Hell, Venus In Fur was better than The Imitation Game, and no one even noticed it!

I've only heard an excerpt of "Self-Portrait With Seven Fingers". If that's from Inherent Vice, then I think that would probably the most deserving of the bunch. But I doubt it's going to win.

There was a rumor earlier this year that this piece was part of the film...can you confirm whether or not it's on the FYC score?

The track list of pop songs used in the film is here at least: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/listen-the-full-inherent-vice-soundtrack-featuring-radiohead-neil-young-can-more-20141006. Great selection.

Yeah, but even in that sense The Theory of Everything isn't good enough. It's really typical Oscar bait stuff.

The consolation prizes are usually given to films that have quite a good standing in the other categories but goes without winning.

It still has a chance, but Zimmer and Desplat are more likely choices to be honest.

I've had something of a change of heart after re listening to Insterstellar apart from the film. It's a fine score, one of Zimmer's best in many years and its tied with The Imitating Game as my favorite of the nominees. That being said I still don't love it like I do for my favorites from earlier this year (Godzilla, Millions of Way to Die, HTTYD 2, Maleficient)

ASM2 for Best Score? Ha!

As long as Zimmer or Greenwood take it, justice will have been done.

If JW is not in the contest I don't care. Those Philistines can pick whatever crummy score they want!

Oh sorry that was my KM voice speaking.

I have not heard majority of the major contenders so I can't really say. But I am guessing it will be some experimental strange score with not a whiff of old classic class. Those young experimentalist weirdos will be the death of my enthusiasm for film music yet.