BloodBoal

I imagine a score for TVH like Escape from the Planet of the Apes. Full of contemporary funk.

In my humble opinion The Voyage Home is a fun score and it pays to A LOT of homage from The Original Series music especially with the unused bits for "In San Francisco". I think too many people never gave the score a chance at first until Intrada released the complete version.

I always was keen on the main theme for Voyage Home and tracks like The Whaler ("Full powered descent, Mr Sulu") but the intrada release for sure made me reappraise it...the addition of "I Hate You" alone...well, bingo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched VI earlier and it's still one of the best. Naturally onus is on Spock, from his talk with Kirk at Starfleet to even his reaction Chekov's "All uniforms?"

Little things I somehow have missed on several viewings I noticed this time round, the Starfleet officer who stays behind at the meeting (you see her just off to Kirk's right and disappears when it cuts to "Let them die!") or the Excelsior's plaque during the opening scene. Little things but it's the little details that set Meyer's films apart from the rest. The schematics, stickers, fire extinguishers and so forth on corridor walls, kitchens, the bridge etc

Nothing changes though. The dinner scene, Kirk and McCoy's little talk in the cots ("One day...one night, Kobyashi Maru!") culminating with "What's wrong you?"

"Still think we're finished?"

"More than ever!"

The music chimed perfectly with the shot of Kirk and co shuffling across the wastelands of Rura Penthe.

The final couple of scenes were particularly affecting. There was always something about seeing everyone applaud Kirk (and co) and then the final scene itself. That was a perfect way to end.

--

pskmlOp.gif

This is the final cruise of the Starship Enterprise under my command. This ship and her history will shortly become the care of another crew. To them and their posterity will we commit our future. They will continue the voyages we have begun and journey to all the undiscovered countries, boldly going where no man, where no one, ...has gone before.

I don't think it's Valeris, more some kind of usher. But the DVD does add some bits, or rather one such as showing the conspirators after Valeris reveals them in her meld (an uncomfortable scene to watch)

Just see her sat to the right of the Starfleet deltas

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tuc/ch1/tuc0070.jpg

Someone said elsewhere about Kim Cattrall playing Saavik in TWOK (unless I misread), a 1982 era Cattrall would've been pretty fine as Saavik.

I don't think it's Valeris, more some kind of usher. But the DVD does add some bits, or rather one such as showing the conspirators after Valeris reveals them in her meld (an uncomfortable scene to watch)

Just see her sat to the right of the Starfleet deltas

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tuc/ch1/tuc0070.jpg

Someone said elsewhere about Kim Cattrall playing Saavik in TWOK (unless I misread), a 1982 era Cattrall would've been pretty fine as Saavik.

I think it actually is Valeris. It would explain the line she has much later in the film:

Saving Starfleet. Klingons cannot be trusted. Sir, ...you said so yourself. They killed your son. Did you not wish Gorkon dead? 'Let them die.' you said. Did I misinterpret you? ...And you were right. They conspired with us to assassinate their own Chancellor. How trustworthy can they be?

How could she have heard Kirk say that if she wasnt there?

I'm sure the person standing there isnt Kim Cattrall. Since the character isnt actually visible and has no lines. But I do believe it is supposed to be Valeris.