Alien 5 by Neill Blomkamp

Jay

I don't think I liked Robin Hood at all.

I still need to watch The Counselor. The reactions to that one are very diverse. Some think it's his best film in a very long time while others wondered what happened.

Counselor_JM_zpsd65aad51.jpg

Alex

Why are people all like "So it takes place after Aliens and will ignore Alien 3 and 4?"

The article states the story will takes place after Prometheus 2, nothing more.

Uhm.....sure, but you are aware of the AGE of the actors, right?

As for the other things being discussed, I'm too tired to discuss PROMETHEUS right now, but I think I've made it clear here that I find it to be a fantastic film -- the best of 2012, in fact. I also enjoyed ROBIN HOOD. I did NOT like THE COUNSELOR, however.

I am happy to be the consistent counter-weight to everything Alex feels and says (as I am to most people on JWFAN, I guess) -- although I do discover that we see eye to eye on occasion.

Why are people all like "So it takes place after Aliens and will ignore Alien 3 and 4?"

The article states the story will takes place after Prometheus 2, nothing more.

Uhm.....sure, but you are aware of the AGE of the actors, right?

Yes, and...? The only thing that has been confirmed so far is that Blomkamp is going to make an Alien movie and that it will take place after Prometheus 2. That's it.

Yeah, sure, there was concept art with Ripley and Hicks, but this was just that: concept art. A lot of things can change during pre-production. Fuck knows, the final script may not even feature the two characters!

Actually, Weaver's involvement is the whole reason this thing has become a possibility. As Blomkamp said in an interview with Uproxx recently:

Basically, what happened was, when [my next film] Chappie got heavily into post-production, I could take my foot off the gas a bit. I was thinking about what I wanted to do next and I’ve been wanting to make an Alien film for like years and years. […] Speaking to Sigourney Weaver, when we were doing Chappie, she set off a bunch of thoughts in my head — I had come up with an idea that didn’t have Sigourney, it was a different idea. But I spent all of the shooting time with her, it was like, holy shit, that could actually be really interesting. When I came back to Vancouver, I had an entire year to work on Chappie. And when I wasn’t needed in the edit, I could think about Alien. So, I basically developed an entire movie and I did all of this artwork as well.

So the concept art with Hicks was done after the Weaver involvement was a go. And that's the main issue here. Remove him from the equation, and it can fit neatly into the timeline after RESSURECTION, if Blomkamp decides to.

Scott level stands for the pre-"Someone To Look Out For Me" Scott.

You probably mean "Someone to Watch Over Me", but either sounds like a bad movie title

They'll just use the "clone" plot device. There, problem solved!

He, he..it was barely believeable with Ripley due to her 'merge' with the alien. With a 30 year older Hicks who passed away before anyone could get any DNA samples and who has no scientific purpose whatsoever, I don't see how they could do that. I love Hicks and was annoyed when he was killed off in ALIEN 3, but I hope to GOD they don't introduce him again. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to the ALIEN timeline.

Well, Carrie Henn is still around. She's gained a few pounds, but still.

But let's leave ALL dead characters be, please. Particular android models are acceptable within a given timeframe.

Carrie Henn isn't an actress; Aliens is literally the only thing she's ever acted in. She's a schoolteacher.

If the Newt character is going to be in Blomkamp's film, they'll just cast someone else.

Currently, Sigourney Weaver is 65, and Michael Biehn is 58. Somehow, Weaver has aged better and looks younger than he does....