Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legion 1x01 Chapter 1

Well, that wasn't quite what I expected.  What a crazy mindfuck of a show - hard to say what's real and what's not at this point isn't it?  I somewhat feel like I need to watch it again to understand what happened better.

The makers of this show were definitely inspired by Mr. Robot and Hannibal from a visual and audio point of few (not characters or plot)

Just now, KK said:

Crazy stuff, isn't it? Give it two episodes, and it starts to get really interesting.

Just like every other story franchise.  It's gotta have 1-2 movies of just story line filler before anything exciting can happen.  

But Logan doesn't look at entertaining as any of the previous X-Men films.  I just don't know what to say about LOGAN yet.  Plus, they called it LOGAN because they couldn't call it WOLVERINE again.  Come on guys, get a little creative will you?

Except in this case, it really isn't so much "storyline filler" (though there is definitely a good dose of that) as it is getting accustomed to the tone and world of the show. I just mention the warm-up time, because the best visual and tonal strangeness pops up in the 4th episode.

I liked the cast - Matthew from Downton is SOOoo different as whatever his name is here (though that shouldn't be a surprise as he was SO different in that The Guest movie).  Aubrey Plaza was SERIOUSLY good; I liked her on Parks and Rec but found her movie roles (that I've seen) to basically just be variants of that, but here she was quite different, and just really great.

I saw Katie Aselton's name in the end credits but didn't notice her in the episode?  And then Jean Smart showed up!

Anyways it was kind of interesting, and certainly not a "superhero show".  I'll catch up to the episodes that have aired throughout the week, probably

Legion 1x02 Chapter 2

Well I still have no idea what is going on on this show :lol:  I'm enjoying the ride, though.  I'm admittedly watching it more casually than I do shows that really grab me; There's a possibility I'll start it over again if Marcy wants to watch it, we'll see.

My favorite character is definitely Aubrey Plaza's; She's great in this show! Makes me laugh.

Definitely had more Hannibal vibes this week too.  

Also was nice to see Katie Asleton as his sister, she was usually the best part of The League and is good here too.  Was she in the first episode?  I must have missed it if so.

Legion 1x03 Chapter 3

Well, I'm sold!  By far the best episode yet, this really ramped up intrigue with the weird no-necked guy who is inside David's mind preventing them from uncovering memories.  Crazy stuff!

This show certainly has a cool visual style!  Lots of inventiveness every week from the creative team.  It's almost like it motivates the cast to kick it up a notch cause they know there's something special here.

I'm actually enjoying the love story between David and whatserface, though it reminds me a bit of Pushing Daisies (the whole they can't touch each other thing).  Big Stranger Things vibe this week, both from the music (which I noticed in the earlier episodes too) and the hands coming out of the walls bit.

Cool show!

7 hours ago, gkgyver said:

What's this Spider-Man Homecoming movie?

I saw the trailer and everything about it looks dreadful.

Sony are allowing Marvel to squeeze spider through the cookie cutter. 

They all suck anyway. The Jessica Alba ones are more compatible with the Sam Raimi Spider-Man universe. The last one was notoriously bad and doesn't deserved to be watched. I caught some of it on TV a while back and was couldn't watch more than a few minutes,

5 hours ago, gkgyver said:

The guy playing Peter is atrocious. 

If the trailer did one thing, it's making Spider-Man look like a wimp.

I mean... Peter Parker is a wimp.

Legion 1x04 Chapter 4

Well, that was an awesome episode of television!  So much that was unexplained about prior episodes was explained so satisfactorily, though whether those are the ultimate explanations remain to be seen.  Also enough questions were left open, and this show is really great at their end of episode cliffhangers.  The cross-cutting in the final sequence, between the girl fighting the dudes outside, the guy she lives in alone with the broom re-enacting it all, the black guy with the perm-hair guy, and Jermaine Oliver in his ice cube dancing around was masterfully done.  This show is really cool!

Legion 1x05 Chapter 5

Wow, that was awesome too!  Loved the explanation for the monster and what Aubrey Plaza is.... who knows if its the full explanation of course!  I liked the "cliffhanger" at the end too, though I'm sure its the monster's trick and not the real reality.

Legion is incredible. Without question the best live action superhero show ever done. And not just a great superhero show, a great show period. 

Legion 1x06 Chapter 6

Woah, Aubrey Plaza was awesome in this episode.  I never really considered her "hot" (she's not really my type) but she really played to her strengths in her song and dance number (those legs!).  The whole episode was fun; I mean of course the whole thing was a trick of the monster to get information or whatever, but it was neat to see the cast in different roles for a week (or more, if this continues for a while next week)

This show is great!

It's fantastic.

I just watched the season finale last night though, and it was rather disappointing, to be honest. But, overall, what a great season of television. Can't wait for the next one.

Wait, I thought the finale was next week?  Isn't it a ten episode season, with episode 8 airing last week, 9 this week, and 10 next week?

EDIT: Wow, I see season 1 is indeed only 8 episodes, with season 2 going up to 10 episodes.  Damn, that means we only have 2 left!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...