Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, dougie said:

I have a fetish. 

Rebecca Romijn looked better in blue makeup than JLaw ever did.

14 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Oh and Logan. Stay away from my girl.

Well... you can tell her... my heart belongs to... someone else.

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of which, it's amazing that they had the same screenwriter adapt the same storyline from comic book for a movie and it's pretty obvious he missed the point yet again. A key to the Phoenix storyline is not the destructive Dark Phoenix bit itself but the build-up towards it. 

Karol

• 1 month later...

It's pretty amazing that The New Mutants is not coming out now until April 2020, considering it was filmed in the summer of 2017 and had its first trailer drop in October of '17

https://ew.com/movies/2019/05/07/new-mutants-ad-astra-fox-films-release-dates/

14 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I had no idea it even existed.

Karol

It's the one with Maisie Williams and the girl from Split

I like the horror elements 

Like Brightburn

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a few reactions so far from audiences and it sounds like Dark Phoenix can be boiled down to this: It gets the Phoenix Force as being a cosmic force instead of a split personality right. That's about it.

I'm less concerned about how it represents the story from the comics, and more concerned with how entertaining the movie is.  There have been plenty of movies that take the seed of an idea from a comics storyline, but make it their own thing - and those have been pretty effective (Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War/Endgame, Extremis in Iron Man 3, Planet Hulk in Thor Ragnarok, etc etc etc.)

People trashed X-Men Apocalypse, which I thought was just fine (and better than its predecessor Days of Future Past).  I wouldn't watch either of them again, but they were fine.  I expect this to be fine entertainment, too.  I think the only X-men movie that I thought was actually poor was Origins Wolferine

X-men: Good!

X-men 2: GREAT!

X-men 3 the last stand: meh

Xmen Origins Wolverine: zzzz

X-men First Class: pretty good

The Wolverine: meh

X-men Days of Future Past: Great!
Deadpool: Funny!

X-Men Apocalypse: terrible

Logan: Great!
Deadpool 2: Funny!

Dark Phoenix: looks terrible

New Mutants: Cautiously optimistic

Legion: GREAT!

The Gifted: Have not seen

I heard Aubrey Plaza is great in it.  Timewise, I haven't been able to afford picking up new series since my kid was born.

The only X-movies I'd make an active choice to rewatch would be X2, First Class, The Wolverine, and Logan

I thought the story was nice and simple, the character motivation was good, the action was well-choreographed and something different for a superhero movie.  Mangold's filmography is pretty good, overall, with a couple of big award nominees and winners, and for me, The Wolverine and Logan are near the top.

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

What was good about it?

34 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I thought the story was nice and simple, the character motivation was good, the action was well-choreographed and something different for a superhero movie.  Mangold's filmography is pretty good, overall, with a couple of big award nominees and winners, and for me, The Wolverine and Logan are near the top.

This!

2 hours ago, Arpy said:

Legion is one of Marvel's best TV series and its a shame it doesn't get the recognition it deserves! 

I don't even think of it as a Marvel show, or even a comic book / superhero show.  It's just a good show with some sci-fi elements from the writer of Fargo.  And it's great and went super unrecognized its whole run.  I can't wait for the final season.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I heard Aubrey Plaza is great in it.  Timewise, I haven't been able to afford picking up new series since my kid was born.

She is GREAT in it!  As different of a character from April Ludgate as you can get.  This would be a good one to investigate, as the entire run will only be 27 episodes total (the upcoming 3rd season will be its last, which they knew ahead of time).

She's especially brilliant in the first season. I thought her character was kind of sidelined in the second season.

Didn't you say you never finished the second season?  Or was that Mr Robot

That was Mr. Robot! Which I actually started up again recently! Will post on that soon.

• 6 months later...

Disney should sideline the whole 'Deadpool should be R-rated' debacle by releasing Deadpool 3 under Fox via Marvel Studios. That way the movie stays R-rated and Disney won't have to deal with complaints from 'concerned parents.'

New trailer for The New Mutants:

It's weird to think that when the first trailer came out, The Last Jedi weren't the most hated movie on the internet, Avatar still was the biggest movie at the box office and (some) people still had high hopes for the final season of Game of Thrones!

This movie started filming in the summer of 2017 before Season 7 of Game of Thrones had even started airing.  Since then Maisie Williams has had two seasons of GOT and an entire other movie come out while this sat on the backburner at Fox. At some point they did reshoots that removed Jon Hamm from the film and added in Antonio Banderas instead

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The rapist who directed the first movies on this franchise may have vanished, but he still remains active in his sex rings:

This guy must be locked in jail and throw the key away.

• 1 month later...

Another proof that the pedophile who directed the first movies of this franchise, besides being a creep was also extremely unprofessional.

Bryan Singer's Traumatic 'X-Men' Set: The Movie "Created a Monster"

In Hollywood you can sexually abuse as many people as you want as long as you're talented and your movies are hits with critics and at the box office. Or at least you could until 2017, and even still your only punishment will be a forever ban from the entertainment industry, but not jail or something like that. No, you still get to keep your manor and your money.

Honestly, Singer should've been locked on jail and never be released again.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I hope John Ottman really tries to distance himself from this guy.

Hahahaha

John Ottman just posts crazy, hysterical anti-Trump conspiracy rants on Facebook every day. The guy's a loon.