Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yea they have to make another Fantastic Four film by... 2019 was it? before they lose that license back to Marvel, like what they let happen with Daredevil

Should Fantastic Four be integrated with X-Men, though?

They should make Deadpool the linchpin of the whole franchise, man!

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Yea they have to make another Fantastic Four film by... 2019 was it? before they lose that license back to Marvel, like what they let happen with Daredevil

Should Fantastic Four be integrated with X-Men, though?

No!

Deadpool And The Fantastic Four

It could work, man!

• 2 weeks later...

Fox has yanked their UNTITLED MARVEL FILM (rumored to be Gambit) off the October 6, 2017 date. They set two more untitled Marvel pics for November 2, 2018 and February 14, 2019.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/avatar-2-alien-convenant-marvel-movies-20th-century-fox-opening-dates-1201859649/

If there's anything the world needs it's more Superhero films 

(although I'll take Fox over the cookie cutter from the Mouse or the bleaky bleakness from DC any day.

More reboot of reboots? Seriously?  This is getting way out of hand...

Although I'm sure they'll have to find someone else to play Logan / Wolverine since Hugh Jackman is done with that character after Wolverine 3.

I've liked the X-Men series so far.  Even the comics (and sometimes animated series) were a bit of a mess as far as continuity and that goes.

19 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

If there's anything the world needs it's more Superhero films 

(although I'll take Fox over the cookie cutter from the Mouse or the bleaky bleakness from DC any day.

They're moving away from that. Suicide Squad was a mess, but tonally lighter. Wonder Woman and Justice League look like solid course correctors, if they end up being as good as they're marketed.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2016 at 1:27 PM, Stefancos said:

Fantastic Four reboot x 1000!

Fox, in a startling decision has fired Ryan Reynold as the character Deadpool and have announced a reboot of tge character, played by Henry Jackman, retired now from the role of Wolverine.

A Fox spokesman said the studio is very happy to be able to continue their partnership with the Australian actor. Claiming his performance of Wolverine put the genre on the map.

I didn't know Henry Jackman started acting. So multitalented!

19 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

But... But Jay, there's Aubrey Plaza!

Meh, her talents are wasted in a show like this

• 2 weeks later...

We just watched Apocalypse yesterday and I actually liked it a lot. More than Days of Future Past, at least.  Maybe it was the low expectations.

You can go back to current discussion now.

Still haven't seen it; I was disappointed to hear it was so poorly received after Days of Future Past was so good.  Bryan Singer's sure had an up and down career, eh?

I had no problems with it.  I liked the Magneto in Germany stuff, although his hero turn towards the end didn't feel earned. I liked all of the Professor X, Mystique, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey stuff.  Psylocke was a pointless character for the most part, as was Angel - although I understand the need to have disposable villains. 

I didn';t think it was great, but it was fine and I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching it.  Days of Future Past was a bore for me, especially after I loved First Class so much.  So I was happy with it

Days of Future Past... boring?  

Did you watch the Rogue Cut as your first time seeing it, perhaps?

Hmmm maybe she will gon the classic suite in the next movies... (supposedly we saw a suitcase with the suit in it from this film... and i think at this time hugh jackman character wont dress with it. It's curious that the 'x-men comics' exist in that timeline

Maybe like spiderman they plan to include she-wolverine in the big marvel universe. She is young enough to make lots and lots of movies...