BloodBoal

I'm really enjoying this album. It's quite a lot to take in, though. I'm not all that familiar with FF music in general but those recordings rock!

I'll buy a CD if/when it comes out.

Karol

Thanks I will give those a listen. :)

I missed Distant Worlds concerts twice. Once they were in Krakow (Poland) and I couldn't go and then there was a performance at Royal Albert Hall in London not long ago. But, for whatever reason,the tickets for those things sell out before you can blink.

Karol

Absolutely blown away by this release.

The kind of FF arrangements I've been waiting for for a long time !

Very ambitious, innovative, and masterfully done

I don't know much about FF game music outside of some of the tracks from the Distant Worlds release, notably Aerith's Theme and One-Winged Angel. I've never played any of the games, but I adore Aerith's theme. I heard it at the end of the video, but not sure of its inclusion on this release. Does it get a good presentation?

That "fireworks section" in the second movement of the FFVII Symphony is genius !

I was wondering...are there any other classical pieces with the same kind of "firework effect" ?

I'm really enjoying this album. It's quite a lot to take in, though. I'm not all that familiar with FF music in general but those recordings rock!

Karol

this c.d. is just interpertations of the themes and very different from the original music

The biggest shame in Final Fantasy music is that the original soundtracks for most of the games are presented in crappy keyboard synth. If they had been properly recorded we wouldn;t need all those new albums

That "fireworks section" in the second movement of the FFVII Symphony is genius !

I was wondering...are there any other classical pieces with the same kind of "firework effect" ?

that one's nice .I heard a segment of Tifa's theme in orchestral mode..which was never done before. But the other themes (Aerith's and FF 7 main theme) are lacking in developpement. For those the Distant Worlds version are the best

The FFX Concerto is more than a mere arrangement, here's what Hamauzu says about it :

Having worked for so long with the FINAL FANTASY-series, Masashi Hamauzu sees it more as a continuum than as a series of separate scenes and stories. His inspiration for the material in this concert is more a reflection of that bigger vision and not so much connected to any certain story-arc or a set of characters. He sees this concert as an opportunity to fulfill his vision of the music even further: “There were a few things I couldn’t express well enough while I was working originally on the music of FINAL FANTASY X, and I feel like I could express those things this time around.”

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I can make this work. Doubtful, though. Got plans very close to that date.

I'm listening to the first Final Symphony right now, by the way. Love it.

Karol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry BB but that's not the real one. It's the rocking dude that doesn't move his hand while bobbing his head. The one that you hate and I dare not post...

FF XIII has great music IMO. :rock:

OOPS ! :eek::folder:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a text search and didn't see the word "limited" on the site, but I suppose they could choose to stop selling it any time they wanted.  I ordered one.

Off topic, but did anybody by that Hisashi / Miyazaki box set?  I kinda want it

Then I gotta find a way to get all the Final Fantasy OSTs on CD without breaking the bank....