BloodBoal

The Enterprise in any universe

The 3rd photo is just offensive. Like some grotesque discussing Manga shit

But at least it's science fiction. Star Wars is not.

You are right, Star Wars is past fiction, you remember... "A long time ago..."

Past fiction? No, it's not science fiction because it's magic and wizards on spaceships, with baloney science. Making it a long time ago in a galaxy far far away simply permitted GL to use humans in a world that has no similarity to our own.

Surprising how tough a decision this was. The Falcon works so well for its story (and I've always loved the asymmetrical design). But for overall superior design . . . gotta go with the Enterprise. (The movie version. The Falcon beats out the 60s version of the ship.)

Well how would you make Star Trek cool? It's got all these big words and wacky catch phrases and nerds who think shaving their eyebrows, using Jewish hand salutes, speaking Klingon, and gluing elf ears to their face makes them special. It's pretty silly.

I think Star Trek is only gonna be cool to other nerds, but not the rest of society who took their lunch money in school and now flip their burgers.

I don't even think The Big Bang Theory is making Star Trek cool.

Star Wars was definitely cool back in the day. Star Trek was more heavily associated with being a "nerd".

Back in the day when you weren't born?

Star Wars was never cool. It was omnipresent for a while. But thats not the same thing.

Well how would you make Star Trek cool? It's got all these big words and wacky catch phrases and nerds who think shaving their eyebrows, using Jewish hand salutes, speaking Klingon, and gluing elf ears to their face makes them special. It's pretty silly. I think Star Trek is only gonna be cool to other nerds, but not the rest of society who took their lunch money in school and now flip their burgers. I don't even think The Big Bang Theory is making Star Trek cool.

Basically, yeah.

Star Wars had a more universal story and much more in line with you big crowdpleasing blockbuster.

Star Trek was a very different ballpark. And though I haven't seen any of it, it clearly wasn't aimed at the same crowd. Aside from the Abrahms movies, Star Trek films were always made for their fans, not for the summer blockbuster audience.

And Darth Vader. Nothing was more badass than Darth Vader.

And I don't need to have been there to get an understanding of the cultural zeitgeist then Steef. That's what the internet is for!

Lightsabers and Darh Vader uncool?

So Ewoks were once cool?

No, but X-Wings, Tie-Fighters, AT-ATs and lightsabers were.

You're in denial again.

Steef is using a straw man's argument again. He picks out one element from the third film (after Star Wars was cool for at least 6 years) and tried to make that single element representative for the whole franchise.

What was the point of listing the Millennium Falcon before Enterprise in the first 2 poll questions, then swapping their order in the third question?

Ugh, this thread...why must you do this to me? I love both ships so much...

Well, let's break it down. Obviously, the Enterprise is the more majestic of the two. Luke's first reaction to the Falcon is, "What a piece of junk!" Both ships perfectly exemplify their franchises' design philosophies. The design of the Enterprise swoops forward cleanly and elegantly, like Roddenberry's vision of the human spirit; meanwhile, the Falcon is a cobbled-together space hotrod that's been lived in, dirtied up, crashed, retooled, broken, and fixed on countless occasions.

Which has the better design? They both fit their respective specifications perfectly. I call a tie, perhaps with a slight edge to the Falcon because its interior layout is a hell of a lot more practical.

Which is the most iconic? Hard for me to say. I've never paid that much attention to what other people care about. I'd probably give this one to the Enterprise, though, because its silhouette is more distinctive and unique.

Which is my favorite...bah, I guess I'll go with the Enterprise. It's a really pretty ship.

In this thread: Star Wars and Star Trek nerds who got beat up in school and picked last for sports debating whose nerdverse is more cool.

Losers.

Or bored movie music fans waiting for an upcoming Star Wars score.

I reckon it is. If you had Tintin's moon rocket, you probably have the top 3 of the most recognizable fictional spaceships in the world.

Plus, the Falcon has like 8 different LEGO versions, maybe more. That's a true sign of greatness

It's a pity that Lego doesn't have a Star Trek license, but the ships are way too big WRT mini figure scale to be viable. I guess they could make ship set playsets, but people want to swoosh their spaceships. Save dinky playsets for Playmobil and Barbie.