BloodBoal

The Enterprise... a starship so well designed that you have to crash it for landing it.

And besides, Kirk used it like a vulgar "battering ram" and crashed it, what, 2 or 3 times in the movies? ;)

Having never seen any of the movies/episodes, how DO you land that thing? :P

It's the better and more iconic design, but never seemed very practical me.

Running a search for images of the Millenium Falcon, I ran into a familiar image. I did this with Alain Rivard many many years ago. Most of the credit is really his and his beautiful 3D model of the Falcon. I just threw some lights on it and put it in a scene. He's probably one of the greatest digital modelers I've seen. I think this model is more than ten years old by now, but they could probably use it for the new film. It brought my workstation back then to its knees.

92EqMqQ.jpg

The ship itself has a gorgeous design, and you can't find a single bad angle of it. Usually with less-than-amazing ship designs, they're sort of made in concept art in a particular angle, and when you view them from a non-concept art angle, they break down. The Enterprise-D is a great example of this. The Star Destroyers also suffer from this.

But the Millenium Falcon, and in fact the original Enterprise look fucking beautiful from every angle.

So my vote goes to....BOTH! They're both fantastic designs. Leaps and bounds ahead of anything else in their respective universes.

The Falcon for all three. The other thing is just a glorified pizza wheel. 

Yet the Falcon was inspired by a hamburger with an olive on the side. You can't truly be offended by food, can you?

Voted Enterprise, Enterprise and Millennium Falcon.

For me the Falcon has so much more character. It's a rust bucket of a hot rod, but it has a certain rugged beauty. When it comes to space, the whole 'used future' aesthetic appeals to me much more than the slick, space age design of the USS Enterprise. Maybe the one exception to this is Bill Craber's Icarus from POTA (which the Ranger from INTERSTELLAR is heavily inspired by).

That said, I'm the opposite with subs, as I'm a huge fan of Harper Goff's designs for the Nautilus and the Proteus.

The Falcon for all three. The other thing is just a glorified pizza wheel.

Idiot!

I was thinking motard. But yours works.

The redesigned Enterprise is simply the most beautiful space ship ever.

And what a beautiful effect. The new falcon looks like shit much like Abrams turkey leg enterprise reboot.

I'm very fond of this Nautilus design, which kinda merges the best of both worlds (the book description and Goff's brilliant design). I'm gonna make a LEGO model out of it one of these days

sbeckmannaut01.jpg

One of the dozens of editions of the book I have has a really ideal version in the illustrations. Can't remember what publisher it was. It's not a full novel, it's one of those abridged kids things.

The problem is many conceptualizations get the dimensions all wonky. Even the classic Hildebrand stuff like my avatar is pretty off.

Let me know if you find it, I'm quite curious.

I have 6 different editions of the novel, but the illustrated ones all contain the pictures by Alphonse de Neuville and Riou, in greater or lesser number

The Enterprise E is my least favorite of the many designs before abrams hideous reboot.

I want to vote Enterprise in this poll, but I don't see the point. Either way, you win. You have the coolest "nerd" ship and the coolest "geek" ship of all time. There's a difference. Still, I think I'd rather have the Enterprise than a bucket of bolts that is constantly malfunctioning.

Of course it is.

Because it's correct.

Enterprise refit-later A

Enterprise D

Enterprise

Enterprise B

Enterprise C

Enterprise NX

Enterprise E

Enterprise Turkey legs.

Illogical. I am correct.

I was there from the beginning of Star Trek.

You must understand there is order to things.

I would never question you about the order of the Hobbitses or Hanz's scores.

But I do know Star Trek. I rank it as: E, A, D, original, Abrams, B, C, NX-01. The Sovereign class is just gorgeous to me. Cadillac of the stars. The Voyager is between the A and D, and the Delta Flyer also has that space sports car feel. Great.

Voyager%20-%20Delta%20Flyer%206.jpg