THE BFG OST ALBUM Discussion

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea I like it a lot too.  I never really figured out why it didn't generate a lot of discussion, or at least not as much as I was expecting.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

And it's sad to think, after 4 years, we still don't have a clue what the FYC included.

Do these things ever surface after a long time? Or can we just assume we're never going to hear it?

1 hour ago, carlborg said:

Do these things ever surface after a long time? Or can we just assume we're never going to hear it?

Every single other John Williams FYC has made the rounds, so hopefully it will eventually. It seems the Oscar campaign was pretty half-hearted so there were very few copies pressed, and it was never available streaming, unlike most other FYC albums.

Let’s just have a complete sessions leak instead!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So this week I listened to Danny Elfman's score to Article 99, and check out how similar track 3 of the OST album, "Mayday" is to the Giant Country theme!

I wonder if the music editors had this on the temp track and Williams was asked to emulate?  Or if its just a total coincidence?

5 hours ago, Jay said:

So this week I listened to Danny Elfman's score to Article 99, and check out how similar track 3 of the OST album, "Mayday" is to the Giant Country theme!

I wonder if the music editors had this on the temp track and Williams was asked to emulate?  Or if its just a total coincidence?

It is extremely similar. That's funny, listening to the BFG score and even the parts that sound similar to this Danny Elfman track, I've never thought that BFG sounds like an Elfman score, but hearing it now, the similarities are undeniable.